Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2014 10:50:10 PM EDT
Well, it seems like the market is catching up with this rifle. I have been tempted by it since it came out as I am a sucker for all things 9mm carbine. But, the magazine issue and the original price of it  has stopped MANY buyers from pursuing this carbine. Shame, it has potential. When "on sale" its the right price. But still the magazine issue out weights it all. I mean who wants a PCC that you can't get magazines for?  I keep searching for any source for even a spare magazine but come up with nothing.  It appears that you buy this rifle and then either settle for the 10 rounders that came with it and hope one of them never breaks.

I have read of some individuals doing mods to the factory magazines to get them to do 15 rounds. And some, including here, have posted about adapting other magazines to this carbine. But really, all that work for a magazine?

The general feeling is the carbine doesn't sell due to lack of magazines and no one wants to spend the money to tool up for magazines for a rifle that isn't selling. Its a dog chasing its tail.....too bad. This thing is liked by those who own them, the few that do at least.

BTW:    Where is it on sale?      CT 9 on sale

Oh, and Tiffany.....looks even better in person than in the video. And you should know she is TALL....
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it isn't the lack of magazines that keeps sales so low so much as the rifle is 1. made by Taurus and 2. it is about as ugly a firearm as has been designed in some time, looking like a prop from "Battlefield Earth."
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
My issues with it were that it is huge for a 9mm, except for the magazines of course. If folks can get into the ARX100, they could probably get into this...
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought about buying one of these once, the mags make it a no go for me.  Built a 9mm AR instead.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been kinda interested in this one since it was announced but I've never seen any serious range reports on it, or comparisons to other pistol caliber carbines. Or even any comments on the build quality or reliability beyond the typical internet hype site that never seem to have anything bad to say about new releases. I'd really like to see how it stacks up to a Beretta Storm or a JRC carbine in accuracy at 25 yards, but nothing. Local prices on these are still high, just went to a show this weekend and saw one for $700 and my favorite gun shop is still sitting on their first one for $730.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have read several reviews of it and they were all favorable as far as functionality and accuracy. I agree, it is a Taurus, not a Beretta so the price is a bit much for what it is. I have held them and while they are not light they do feel OK. Meanwhile however I have a CX-4 that is light and compact, has a chrome lined barrel, tons of magazines in all sized (Mine uses 93 series mags) and is a great shooter. Then I have the TNW ASR which is light and handy, breaks down in 15 seconds without tools and used Glock magazine. My list goes on and as such I just can't part with my money for this thing, even at the $499 pricing.

Something tells me this model won't last. And for that $700 or more price some shops ask...well....good luck!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I opted for the CX4 for a couple reasons. Overall feel and aesthetics are better with the Beretta. Most importantly, is the  availability of mags. and being able to swap them out with the same caliber/model pistol. Taurus dropped the ball in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
$499 is $250 too high.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I held one and I find it to be pretty good quality.  I was expecting junk, but was pleasantly surprised by the weight, and fit and finish.  Plus, it looks rather nice in person.  I agree the pics make them look ugly.

Not bad for $499.  If it falls lower, I might consider it.  Oh, I want the 40 SW.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#10]
$700.00?
SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS?
I shot this monstrosity last weekend...
Ya gotta be kiddin', right?
SEVEN HUNNERT FREAKIN' DOLLARS?
For this?
Does it bring beer?

OK... I have a confession to make...

I own a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. I've owned it for nearly 20 years. It is my "Toy" gun.
Custom from stem to stern...
Old style stock, light mount, Pro-Point red dot, single point sling attachment made by me, FDE and Black camo, bi-pod, etc.
At 50 yards, I can put 10 rnds of 9mm fmj in a hole the size of a quarter. Standing, not Prone.
I paid $185.95 for it, new in the box, from a dealer in Ocala, Florida.

Now, back to the Taurus...

I had to shoot this, as my friend claimed it was the future of 9mm Carbines...

I shot it.
It was heavy, it did not shoot well, it couldn't make a quarter size hole at 25 yards no matter what we did to it, and we had to keep reloading the magazines because he said he couldn't find any to buy...

Would I pay $700.00 for this Carbine?

I wouldn't give ya a buck and a half for it.

I'll stick to my "Toy" 9mm... It'll shoot anything I put in it. I can shoot the testicles offa fly with it at 50 yds. Magazines are all over the place, including the Mec-Gar 15 rounders, and, to this day, it's not over $300.00

Say what you will, but if it works... Don't fix it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Taurus+thumb hole stock+no threaded muzzle+lack of mags+lack of accessories=
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#12]
-Lack of mags
-Bulky
-Weighs a metric ton for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Bought a used Ruger PC 9 carbine a few years ago. Love it. Takes P series mags and is more accurate than I am.
I will pass on the Taurus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top