Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2014 6:42:34 PM EDT
Several years ago, someone asked me about MAC style pistols.  My response was that they had no redeeming qualities over a Glock.  They're bulkier, heavier, have less aftermarket, and are far less modular than any modern striker fired plastic gun.

Fast forward to 2014, and all of sudden the MAC style pistols seem a lot more appealing if a Sig arm brace can be mounted.  Has anyone done this yet?  Also, I did do a search to see if there were any prior threads on this -- but I apologize in advance if there have been.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be interested in this as well.  What would be neat is if they could create a wire folding wrist brace that looks somewhat close to the original.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking you could almost take one of the original wire stocks and turn it upside down in the attachment bracket to get the same effect.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Several years ago, someone asked me about MAC style pistols.  My response was that they had no redeeming qualities over a Glock.  They're bulkier, heavier, have less aftermarket, and are far less modular than any modern striker fired plastic gun.

Fast forward to 2014, and all of sudden the MAC style pistols seem a lot more appealing if a Sig arm brace can be mounted.  Has anyone done this yet?  Also, I did do a search to see if there were any prior threads on this -- but I apologize in advance if there have been.
View Quote

IV8888 posted a pic on there face book page with a sig brace on it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking you could almost take one of the original wire stocks and turn it upside down in the attachment bracket to get the same effect.
View Quote

That is an SBR. A pistol with a Sig brace is not.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
HERE here is the M10 with the arm brace found in the ar15 section. It looks pretty sweet with it, great for picking off ground hogs
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HERE here is the M10 with the arm brace found in the ar15 section. It looks pretty sweet with it, great for picking off ground hogs
View Quote

Bingo.  That mini 45 is exactly what I had in mind.  Has anyone actually gotten a letter on these MAC style pistols with Sig Braces from the ATF?  I'd be a little wary of putting one on a pistol that doesn't specifically have some form of "approval" around it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
there on every thing else so i would imagine cause it was intend as a brace and thats all that mattered. I two would keep from showing it off in front of fuds.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#8]
This arm brace thing is growing....which makes me wonder how long it will be before ATF wakes up and decides its taboo.  I know, they have approved it on some firearms but history shows that they have reversed themselves before. Just thinking about that.....ummmmmm
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
What they don't know dosn't hurt them. It helps us, so long as its legal. Our best bet is to revoke the sbr law or suppressor both of which open vast doors of opportunities. And prove that sbr laws are well (_____) ill let you fill in the blank.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
here is the brace on a g21 it works as a brace.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FVCpEopMGvE[/youtube]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This arm brace thing is growing....which makes me wonder how long it will be before ATF wakes up and decides its taboo.  I know, they have approved it on some firearms but history shows that they have reversed themselves before. Just thinking about that.....ummmmmm
View Quote

Depends on how many folks keep poking the bear asking for permission to attach an arm brace...
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is...actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#13]
it really brings the mac in to the realm it was meant to be.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the look as well, but the accuracy kills me. Mine would shoot 2-3' groups at 25 yards. I had one, shot it and traded it quick. They may look cool, but to me that does not last long unless it has a fun switch.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Masterpiece arms Defender models have a threaded hole in the receiver just behind and above the grip that will accept any number of aftermarket stock adapters, including an AR tube adapter so an arm brace can be mounted.

The caveat to this is that the arm brace, if used as a buttstock, sits way too high and the iron sights will be too low to use. You will need one of the top rail uppers or models with a high mounted optic.

Also the SMG wire stocks will not install on semi auto closed bolt guns. The design of the guns prevents it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I originally wanted to get a 9mm MAC clone and run a arm brace on it, but as others have stated it makes it somewhat difficult to utilize the iron sights and you are limited with optic options.
instead, I just went with a legally stamped Masterpiece Arms .45 Carbine that has been SBR'd. It's rugged, it's reliable, it's accurate, and I don't have to be gentle with it. It's a brick, a heavy indestructible brick.

They get a bad rap, but these days the design isn't nearly as crude as it was years ago. MPA specifically has added a trigger disconnect that has made shooting the gun not so torturous on the digits. Throw that in with a proper stock and a forward grip and the guns actually perform quite nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top