User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2014 12:40:38 PM EDT
Anybody used their parts and upgrades?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  The trigger upgrade is almost mandatory
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Beretta forum for more responses.

Some swear by their SP products, others find them unneeded. Its up to the user to decide if they are worth it. The trigger is a popular upgrade. But honestly while I have considered it for years I have also resisted it for years due to the cost. I have the DIY trigger upgrade and it is OK. Not great, not bad, but OK. The price was right and it took all of 10 or 15 minutes to do.

They make other parts too like the stainless steel recoil spring guide and a special buffer. Some will lead you to believe the factory plastic guide is just positively going to break. Well, maybe so but since getting mine back around 2004 or so its still has the original and it hasn't been a problem. If you just have to have accessories on and in your rifle and you have the money, by all means help enrich the guy who makes this stuff. If you just want a good carbine that works and you want to save your money for ammo, go the DIY route. Ether way you will be OK.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been shooting my unmodified Storm since 2006 without any issues. Upgrades are not "needed" to enjoy the carbine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been shooting my unmodified Storm since 2006 without any issues. Upgrades are not "needed" to enjoy the carbine.
View Quote

+1.... I am in the same boat....Beretta built it right and kept the price affordable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1.... I am in the same boat....Beretta built it right and kept the price affordable.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

I've mounted a sling, tac light, and RDS on it.  Might add another charging handle to the other side, just because.  But the expensive mods just strike me as dumb--at the end of the day, it's still limited in range and potential accuracy due to it's being a PCC.

That being said, I wholeheartedly endorse the free market and people's ability to mod their stuff however, even if I think it's unnecessary.  'Cause 'Murica.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top