Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2014 7:04:36 PM EDT
Any advice beside extra mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's set up for 92 mags get a 92 pistol and some 20 + 30 round mags.
Get a dot that you like.
And have fun!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It takes 92 mags.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Always make sure the hammer is cocked before you try to disassemble . And if your felling fogy do the stainless steel guide rod mod.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_2/199112_.html  IIRC its 6/32 screws
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a good red dot sight, some thirty round mags from Beretta, and do the home trigger job http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16675&highlight=CX4+trigger .  I put a Burris Fastfire III on mine and its a nice setup.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a good red dot sight, some thirty round mags from Beretta, and do the home trigger job http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16675&highlight=CX4+trigger .  I put a Burris Fastfire III on mine and its a nice setup.  
View Quote

Yeap, that's about it. I would make one slight adjustment to this however. MecGar has a beautiful compact 20 round magazine that costs less then the Beretta 30 rounder and best of all fits flush up in the grip. Nice neat set up that is out of the way and doesn't mess up the natural beauty of the carbine by sticking out so much.

Also, as for the stainless steel guide rod....I have had my CX-4 since they first came out years ago. It still has the original guide rod and its holding up just fine. I did he DIY home trigger job and that worked out just fine. A good red dot does wonders for this little carbine. Keep it simple....enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I did the trigger mod as well, it's pretty simple but read up on, if you take too much off it won't fire. There's a great writeup on the Beretta Owner's forum with pics on this procedure. i think the stainless guide rod is from Sierra Papa, they make nice aftermarket goodies but I've not heard of one failing so I'd venture to say it's not a problem. i also dabbed a bit of white paint on my front sight post to make it easiert o spot against a black bullseye but mainly use a reflex red dot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's set up for 92 mags get a 92 pistol and some 20 + 30 round mags.
Get a dot that you like.
And have fun!
View Quote

+1
THIS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top