Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2014 2:15:04 PM EDT

I just picked up a Century UZI UC-9 (Also a Century C-93, but I'll save discussion for it for another thread)

The fit and finish on it is surprisingly good.  I hope to take it out to the range soon.  I already had 10 32rd mags, and 2 25rd ones, so I have 11 and 3 now of each.  I think I'm good in that department.  I sort of want to know if there is some sort of fake suppressor that can be installed over the barrel?   It looks kind of goofy with the barrel being that long.  I do not plan on SBR'ing it, the reduced muzzle flash and velocity with the 16" barrel is actually something I like, just not the aesthetics.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/c32ZWY4.jpg

I just picked up a Century UZI UC-9 (Also a Century C-93, but I'll save discussion for it for another thread)

The fit and finish on it is surprisingly good.  I hope to take it out to the range soon.  I already had 10 32rd mags, and 2 25rd ones, so I have 11 and 3 now of each.  I think I'm good in that department.  I sort of want to know if there is some sort of fake suppressor that can be installed over the barrel?   It looks kind of goofy with the barrel being that long.  I do not plan on SBR'ing it, the reduced muzzle flash and velocity with the 16" barrel is actually somtaething I like, just not the aesthetics.
View Quote
I am also curious about this.  Tag.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Here and here
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The price of every fake suppressor I've seen is insane. $60-120 or more. For what? Making your gun heavier?

But if it's you kinda thing, this guy made one from a lamp!
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?67013-DIY-Uzi-Fake-Suppressor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wnM-pMYpI

However the last page on uzitalk concerns me. Makes it sound like it's illegal to make your fake suppressor, because the barrel can be chopped, and it could then actually function?

Check out the vertical foregrip robertrtg sells. Adds much more control and a comfy grip. Love mine.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
seems like a waste of time and money to me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
A barrel shroud or a fake suppressor is great, protects the barrel and protects you when the barrel heats up.

+1 on the fore grip, see my shooter in the upper right. My next mod is a top cover for a red dot sight.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Is +p+ ammo OK to shoot in the UZI?  I've read that UZI's LOVE hot ammo, so I didn't think it would be a problem, and bought a couple boxes of Speer Gold Dot 115g +p+.  I probably should have asked first before buying though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The price of every fake suppressor I've seen is insane. $60-120 or more. For what? Making your gun heavier?

But if it's you kinda thing, this guy made one from a lamp!
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?67013-DIY-Uzi-Fake-Suppressor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wnM-pMYpI

However the last page on uzitalk concerns me. Makes it sound like it's illegal to make your fake suppressor, because the barrel can be chopped, and it could then actually function?

Check out the vertical foregrip robertrtg sells. Adds much more control and a comfy grip. Love mine.
View Quote

Read the Uzitalk thread carefully.  Apparently, a fake suppressor must have an inner lining, lest someone who is already a felon by making an illegal SBR, uses the fake suppressor as a lousy illegal real suppressor.    BATFE rulings never cease to amaze.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is +p+ ammo OK to shoot in the UZI?  I've read that UZI's LOVE hot ammo, so I didn't think it would be a problem, and bought a couple boxes of Speer Gold Dot 115g +p+.  I probably should have asked first before buying though.
View Quote

Well, +P+ should be okay for the Uzi as they are meant to function with stout loads. HOWEVER Winchester 127 grain +P+ says on the box not to use it in UZIs. I imagine these are the open bolt models. The closed bolt should be fine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, +P+ should be okay for the Uzi as they are meant to function with stout loads. HOWEVER Winchester 127 grain +P+ says on the box not to use it in UZIs. I imagine these are the open bolt models. The closed bolt should be fine.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why the specific caution about the Winchester?

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I would not get much +p ammo, I have a couple of boxes for home defense, but you are going to use a lot of 9mm when you go to the range.
I reload and use 115gr RN boolets and they shoot great. Just an average load and no problems in the UZI. Try to get bulk ammo, you are going to need it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just telling you what it says on the ammo boxes. I don't know if they mean open bolt guns or all Uzis. Here is a picture of the back of the box:

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Uzis are straight blowback, and were not intended to contain 40,000 CUP.  If the bolt unlocks too quickly, you could break an extractor, or worse, tear a case open & dump gas everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:59:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just telling you what it says on the ammo boxes. I don't know if they mean open bolt guns or all Uzis. Here is a picture of the back of the box:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/MCBallpeen/IMAG0181A.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/MCBallpeen/IMAG0181A.jpg

Damn.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Mfiap makes a great fake suppressor
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I took it out to the range this morning and put a couple hundred rounds through it.

I did have 3 or 4 malfunctions, failures to feed, but they only occurred with the 25rd magazine.  I had no failures of any kind with the 32rd mag.  I'm guessing that the magazine was the problem, but I suppose more testing is required.

I ran some of the +p+ through it, about 15 rounds with no issues there.

It was amazing how fast I could shoot steel with this thing due to the low recoil. At 25 yards, a 5" by 24" target I could keep an entire magazine on target, shooting away several rounds per second.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well I took it out to the range this morning and put a couple hundred rounds through it.

I did have 3 or 4 malfunctions, failures to feed, but they only occurred with the 25rd magazine.  I had no failures of any kind with the 32rd mag.  I'm guessing that the magazine was the problem, but I suppose more testing is required.

I ran some of the +p+ through it, about 15 rounds with no issues there.

It was amazing how fast I could shoot steel with this thing due to the low recoil. At 25 yards, a 5" by 24" target I could keep an entire magazine on target, shooting away several rounds per second.
View Quote

Make sure you clean the magazines internals if they are surplus.  I ran into issues with my mags but the problems went away after I cleaned them.  As for the fake suppressor, seems easy enough to make one with a piece of tube and two washers drilled out to slip over the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Make sure you clean the magazines internals if they are surplus.  I ran into issues with my mags but the problems went away after I cleaned them.  As for the fake suppressor, seems easy enough to make one with a piece of tube and two washers drilled out to slip over the barrel.
View Quote

Apparently BATFE wants us to use 2pieces of tube, lest we have the workings of an unregistered suppressor.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Meh, screw the fake cans. I've already SBRed mine (thanks Nicole) and I think I'll wait until I get the funds for a Mossad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top