Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2014 5:44:36 PM EDT
Well, I always said they were a $500 gun, now they are.

KY Gun Co. has the Taurus carbines in stock and ready to go for $499. I stood there holding one today and thought really hard about it. They are an OK buy at this price but since I already have five other PCC's I couldn't bring myself to get #6.  Now, maybe if I sell some of my others...... I do like that "HK look" but wish the magazine issue wsn't there. I htink the magazine issue really hurts that rifle's sales.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
$499 cash price, $514 retail price. Best deal I've seen on one yet but does anyone have spare mags available? I wouldn't mind the 10 round mags so much if they were at least cheap and plentiful, but even Taurus doesn't show them available on their site. My favorite LGS has had one on the shelf since they first came out for $730 and it's still there. I'm not gonna waste words criticizing Taurus for their mag choice, but so far it doesn't even look like spare factory mags are an option.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$499 cash price, $514 retail price. Best deal I've seen on one yet but does anyone have spare mags available? I wouldn't mind the 10 round mags so much if they were at least cheap and plentiful, but even Taurus doesn't show them available on their site. My favorite LGS has had one on the shelf since they first came out for $730 and it's still there. I'm not gonna waste words criticizing Taurus for their mag choice, but so far it doesn't even look like spare factory mags are an option.
View Quote
I've been following that rifle for a bit, and I believe that the mags are a direct result of the ATF fucking with Taurus and telling them that, due to whatever rules it's built under, that they cannot provide a factory hi cap for it, or be part of any company hat does.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Taurus should have built them in Florida to avoid the whole issue.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Taurus should have built them in Florida to avoid the whole issue.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have to wonder if anyone at Taurus has figured that out yet. I agree the 10 round magazine is not a total deal killer, but not being able to buy extras is. Someone somewhere said there was a "aftermarket" magazine in the works but even that hasn't shown up yet. I think there are just so few of these carbines out there it wouldn't be worth ProMags effort and expense to make one.

Beretta with their CX-4 Storm wisely made it to use various other magazines from some of its popular pistols. Same as Marlin did with the old Camp series of rifles...picking the at the time most popular S&W 59 series. Kel-Tec does it with their Sub rifles as do many other 9mm choices like the JRC and the TNW ASR which go with the ever popular Glock mags.

Yeah, Taurus missed the boat on this one....and a shame too as the rifle itself would be a decent contender at $500 and with magazines readily available.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have to wonder if anyone at Taurus has figured that out yet. I agree the 10 round magazine is not a total deal killer, but not being able to buy extras is. Someone somewhere said there was a "aftermarket" magazine in the works but even that hasn't shown up yet. I think there are just so few of these carbines out there it wouldn't be worth ProMags effort and expense to make one.

Beretta with their CX-4 Storm wisely made it to use various other magazines from some of its popular pistols. Same as Marlin did with the old Camp series of rifles...picking the at the time most popular S&W 59 series. Kel-Tec does it with their Sub rifles as do many other 9mm choices like the JRC and the TNW ASR which go with the ever popular Glock mags.

Yeah, Taurus missed the boat on this one....and a shame too as the rifle itself would be a decent contender at $500 and with magazines readily available.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they even could have made it to use PT92 mags, and then that opens it up to modded Beretta 92/M9 mags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I think for the money, you would be better off with the Beretta Storm. Higher mag. capacity, compatibility with mags. and better quality. I handled one of the Taurus carbines, but don't understand why they didn't make them the way Beretta -compatibility.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Somebody figured. Out to modify, Colt/UZI magazines to work in it.
Another person figured out how to make magazines from some South American subgun fit it.
It wouldn't bed difficult for someone to crank out mags that would fit it, but demand would have to be there.
In the current market they'd probably stop importation of them if someone did that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

they even could have made it to use PT92 mags, and then that opens it up to modded Beretta 92/M9 mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, they don't?  Are they some unique pattern?

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, that's what we've been talking about, they are proprietary to that gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top