BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 6 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
I paid 1190, need to find some cheaper mags now.
Does the P26 have a bolt hold open? Any source for more info, it was a complete impulse buy
View Quote

All 30 rounders I have seen run $65-70 each
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By VelveteenMole:

Is your QC-10 a Glock or Colt lower?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skipper469:
Well gandrtactical has 1 less P26 in stock now. I have a quarter Circle 10 5.5" 9mm AR, CZ Scorpion, and now a B&T P26. I've been shopping around for another 9mm to SBR before 41f and was leaning towards a Zenith Z5-P, but I saw "nws86" photo's on the P26 and liked the quality for price and decided to make an impulse buy while I had the chance. From the looks of things, I have high hopes. If it checks out, I think I might have to pick up an ACP9.

It's  a Glock small frame lower.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Just picked my P26 up. If you haven't got one get one you won't be sorry. Only 400 available ever remember that!

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to range reports.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gunman9:
Just picked my P26 up. If you haven't got one get one you won't be sorry. Only 400 available ever remember that!

<a href="http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/bmpatrick9/media/884AA8DB-6C20-439A-8463-2270718AD70F_zpsln2q57p1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/bmpatrick9/884AA8DB-6C20-439A-8463-2270718AD70F_zpsln2q57p1.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sweet! Can't wait to get mine in!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Well gandrtactical has 1 less P26 in stock now. I have a quarter Circle 10 5.5" 9mm AR, CZ Scorpion, and now a B&T P26. I've been shopping around for another 9mm to SBR before 41f and was leaning towards a Zenith Z5-P, but I saw "nws86" photo's on the P26 and liked the quality for price and decided to make an impulse buy while I had the chance. From the looks of things, I have high hopes. If it checks out, I think I might have to pick up an ACP9.

How many rounds have you put through it and how reliable is the LRBHO?

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up some more mags today.

The APC45 they had the other day is gone :(

They mentioned B&T USA messed up some serials on import for the APC9 and APC45. They had to export and import them again correctly. Will be a few months until more shipments come in.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/bmpatrick9/884AA8DB-6C20-439A-8463-2270718AD70F_zpsln2q57p1.jpg
View Quote
Any word on availability of folding stocks for SBRing or does it take the TP9 one?

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Any word on availability of folding stocks for SBRing or does it take the TP9 one?  
View All Quotes

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/bmpatrick9/884AA8DB-6C20-439A-8463-2270718AD70F_zpsln2q57p1.jpg

Takes TP9 stocks and TP9/APC9 Mags
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

Sorry to say, but no rounds yet. I submitted my form 1 on the 12th of January, so it should be approved within the week. If you'd like some feedback on it when it approved, I'll be shooting it the day it's approved. I will be shooting it with an Octane .45 direct threaded suppressor, but will also try it out unsuppressed. It's got a QC10 5.5" Barrel, Qc10 bolt, Vltor MUIR 1s upper, LWRC compact stock with H2 buffer, and Geiselle SSA-E trigger
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#11]
It's hard to believe B+T is only going to produce 400 P26s for the American market. How are they going to recoup the cost of the molds alone?  The cost difference of the P26 and other B+T platforms is a lot closer in Europe.

Hopefully this translates into 400 being imported THIS TIME. I would love a companion to my TP9!

If they could price the magazines a little lower the P26 would be a Scorpion killer IMHO.

How does it shoot? How is it suppressed?

400? Looks like my priorities changed changed!
I already invested in those MP9 and SPP magazines...
And I have an extra stock from that spare parts set...

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
It's hard to believe B+T is only going to produce 400 P26s for the American market. How are they going to recoup the cost of the molds alone?  The cost difference of the P26 and other B+T platforms is a lot closer in Europe.

Hopefully this translates into 400 being imported THIS TIME. I would love a companion to my TP9!

If they could price the magazines a little lower the P26 would be a Scorpion killer IMHO.

View Quote

It's a Project Gun of B&T. It has been selling in Europe for the past year. Only 400 of the last ones from the run where allocated to the US market from
My understanding. So there will be no more after these are gone. That is from Brugger and Thomet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The info I have is that the limited number is due to Baretta may have licensed the design in an effort to make a weapon competitive with the CZ Scoprion. It's unclear of the design will be for the US market or Elsewhere. This is rumor until corroborated, but would be an interesting Development. There's also the very real possibility that they don't want to cannibalize their own market by competing with the TP9 and APC in an increasingly crowded sub-Gun market.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#14]
With so few of these coming in, is there any investment value in them? Once they all sell, will their value go up because of how few were imported? Or is that not likely the case for limited run firearms like this?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:
With so few of these coming in, is there any investment value in them? Once they all sell, will their value go up because of how few were imported? Or is that not likely the case for limited run firearms like this?
View Quote

It depends on the amount of demand, but the last thing anyone needs are gougers buying them up just to resell them to individuals that actually wanted one to begin with. Nothing irritates me more than a gouger.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#16]

It depends on the amount of demand, but the last thing anyone needs are gougers buying them up just to resell them to individuals that actually wanted one to begin with. Nothing irritates me more than a gouger.
View All Quotes

Agreed. Firearms speculators suck because there are much better ways of investing money than taking a chance on buying a gun that MAY increase in value and throwing it in a safe, never to be shot, lowering the number available to hobbyists who want one to use.

That said, I don't think the P26 will really even take off as a collectors' item, anyway. Keep an eye on the KH9 for that angle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Are there any plans to import the KH9? I didn't think they were coming
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Carbohydrates:

Agreed. Firearms speculators suck because there are much better ways of investing money than taking a chance on buying a gun that MAY increase in value and throwing it in a safe, never to be shot, lowering the number available to hobbyists who want one to use.

That said, I don't think the P26 will really even take off as a collectors' item, anyway. Keep an eye on the KH9 for that angle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Carbohydrates:

Certainly not a gouger. I never sell anything anyways. Just have never owned an item that is of a batch of 400, hence the curiosity.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:32:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nws86] [#19]
I don't buy guns that sit. I buy them because I want to shoot it. I already submitted an e-form 1 and will send it out for engraving. Pistol caliber carbines are the new .22lr range toy. I will slap a can on this and shoot thousands of rounds through it. Fun gun to get new people into guns.

Although there are only 400 in the US there is likely thousands in Europe. It's a basic no frills gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah 9mm PCC are a lot of fun on a range that has steel targets set up. Completely agree.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Are there any plans to import the KH9? I didn't think they were coming
View Quote

I talked to B&T USA this morning an the KH9 has not been approved for importation by the ATF yet. The also said APC9 and APC45 should be in stock again in 30 days.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Either way you look at it, the P26 seems like a good deal and a quality built gun for entry into a B&T series of guns. I'm looking forward to getting mine in and hearing some feedback on range reports. If the run of the P26 is limited to 400 guns, that's cool to know I own one, but it's not the reason I bought one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Either way you look at it, the P26 seems like a good deal and a quality built gun for entry into a B&T series of guns. I'm looking forward to getting mine in and hearing some feedback on range reports. If the run of the P26 is limited to 400 guns, that's cool to know I own one, but it's not the reason I bought one.
View Quote

I Agree, I bought one because I own a APC9 and its of exceptional quality, and the P26 for the money just can't be beat. I also have a Scorpion and by time you dump money in all the upgrades you already beyond the price of the P26. My P26 and Scorpion side by side can't even be compared. The poly material they use is stronger, there are absolutely no machining marks, trigger is very nice with a crisp break and little creep and probably only 4.5lbs. Takes the same mags as my APC9 and stocks of the TP9. All are readily available. I think it would be a very strong contender in that sub 1K PCC bracket. Honestly the only thing the P26 needs is a Tax Stamp and stock and a ton of ammo!
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Will agree. Dry firing the trigger is one of best factory triggers I have used on a PCC
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#25]
all good to hear. I cannot wait for mine to hit my FFL so i can send my Form 1 in. I totally bought mine on a 5 min impulse, then got poo-pooed by my friends for spending 1.2k on a Tec 9.... But with it being a B&T, i just cannot imagine it not being high quality, and I just cannot stand the Evo in terms of looks or feel.

Anybody know what parts i should be trying to buy for spares? Anybody suppressed their P26 yet?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#26]
all good to hear. I cannot wait for mine to hit my FFL so i can send my Form 1 in. I totally bought mine on a 5 min impulse, then got poo-pooed by my friends for spending 1.2k on a Tec 9.... But with it being a B&T, i just cannot imagine it not being high quality, and I just cannot stand the Evo in terms of looks or feel.

Anybody know what parts i should be trying to buy for spares? Anybody suppressed their P26 yet?
View Quote

I was told they won't be selling spare parts at least not now. They are holding them for any warranty work.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Will agree. Dry firing the trigger is one of best factory triggers I have used on a PCC
View Quote

The reset is really short. Should be able to rapid fire easily. Will be going to the range today to sends a few hundred rounds through it :)
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#28]

I Agree, I bought one because I own a APC9 and its of exceptional quality, and the P26 for the money just can't be beat. I also have a Scorpion and by time you dump money in all the upgrades you already beyond the price of the P26. My P26 and Scorpion side by side can't even be compared. The poly material they use is stronger, there are absolutely no machining marks, trigger is very nice with a crisp break and little creep and probably only 4.5lbs. Takes the same mags as my APC9 and stocks of the TP9. All are readily available. I think it would be a very strong contender in that sub 1K PCC bracket. Honestly the only thing the P26 needs is a Tax Stamp and stock and a ton of ammo!
View All Quotes

Also don't forget an aimpoint and B&T forward grip. Then it's all ammo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By nws86:

View All Quotes

That's a must on any PCC... So I don't count that lol. The Scorpion evo needs a new charging handle, trigger spring, safety's, grip, muzzle device, and it goes on and on. The B&T P26 just needs a tax stamp and stock is what I was getting to. No need to change anything else about it. Hell unlike the scorpion it won't kill you to death trying to charge the thing. The bolt is damn smooth like its riding on glass.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:45:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flogger23m] [#30]

It's a Project Gun of B&T. It has been selling in Europe for the past year. Only 400 of the last ones from the run where allocated to the US market from
My understanding. So there will be no more after these are gone. That is from Brugger and Thomet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

Why did they even bother? I suppose it was to be a lower cost alternative. It doesn't seem too bad either, but is there a bolt catch? I guess keeping production lines open for two similar guns didn't make sense. The APC has 5.56 variants if I recall. Probably shares some parts commonality.

Also forgot about that KH9 thing. Odd that they would introduce three different PPC/SMGs. Seems they go from simple to more complex, but with the APC being developed for multi caliber it would make sense to focus on that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got back from the range. This gun is awesome. The trigger is better than I was expecting. The gun is very accurate. I can't wait until I can slap a stock on it.  

Ran great with Federal AE 124g, Federal HST 124, and Federal HST147.

I had some Freedom Munitions 147g new manufactured flat nose ammo that gave me problems in other guns. Had feeding issues on the last round. This stuff is junk and will never buy more of it. Every few shots sound different with this stuff.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Just got back from the range. This gun is awesome. The trigger is better than I was expecting. The gun is very accurate. I can't wait until I can slap a stock on it.  

I had some Freedom Munitions 147g new manufactured flat nose ammo that gave me problems in other guns. Had feeding issues on the last round. This stuff is junk and will never buy more of it. Every few shots sound different with this stuff.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback. Are you going to be shooting suppressed? I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots suppressed with an Octane 45, and eventually an Omega 9k.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#33]

APC 058
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

The Octane works great on it. I honestly don't think I've shot it without the Octane or my friend's Revolution on it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 59chevy:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/EWkvi8" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1648/25556453645_e83701d1f8_c.jpg</a>
APC 058
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

The Octane works great on it. I honestly don't think I've shot it without the Octane or my friend's Revolution on it.
View Quote

On your Form 1 What did you use as the manufacturer?

Brugger and Thomet
B&T AG
B&T
B&T USA
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#35]
B&T AG is what what I put on the form 1.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:59:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nws86] [#36]
I also used B&T AG and Switzerland. B&T USA is an option but that is the importer. Model is P26. Form 1 is still pending research since it's a new model. I submitted photos of the lower and schematics so hopefully should be no issues.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Thanks for the feedback. Are you going to be shooting suppressed? I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots suppressed with an Octane 45, and eventually an Omega 9k.
View All Quotes

I don't have a pistol can I can run on it currently. I have a Dead Air Ghost that I just sent the form 4 out for last weekend. Will be a few months.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:28:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VelveteenMole] [#38]

Sorry to say, but no rounds yet. I submitted my form 1 on the 12th of January, so it should be approved within the week. If you'd like some feedback on it when it approved, I'll be shooting it the day it's approved. I will be shooting it with an Octane .45 direct threaded suppressor, but will also try it out unsuppressed. It's got a QC10 5.5" Barrel, Qc10 bolt, Vltor MUIR 1s upper, LWRC compact stock with H2 buffer, and Geiselle SSA-E trigger
View All Quotes

Please do let me know how reliable it seems.  Personally, I'd initially run a lot of partial mags through it to check LRBHO reliability.

What makes me nervous is that in pictures it appears the BHO bar is hinged at the front very close to the interface tab for the follower, forcing to mag spring to do a lot of work with little mechanical advantage when lifting the bolt catch so far to the rear.

Does it have a spring assist or something to pre-load the lever and balance out the forces perhaps?

Also, how much of the bullet is in the chamber at the last moment the cartridge is still held by the feed lips?  I've heard different lowers have slight differences in magazine positioning.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#39]
I got a feeling that this thread is going to cost me a whole lot of $ in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I keep telling myself I am not buying one. I think I am going to regret that though after July.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#41]
I got this update in my email earlier. Not the best news for those of us looking to form 1 an APC9 before 41F...

"I just wanted to update everyone who contacted me about the B&T APC series. It looks like the APC9 and 45 are both completely sold out in the U.S. and aren't expected back in the country until August or September. I have several on order so I will send out an update again when I hear anything new from B&T. I did receive my first shipment of the P26 and this is their lower cost polymer pistol. It accepts the same magazines as the TP9 and APC9 but uses the TP9 stock for registration as an SBR. B&T is contractually restricted to 400 units as they sold the rights to an undisclosed company which plans to sell them to foreign customers only. They will not be producing more and we likely won't see any imports again. The first shipment has almost completely sold out from dealers. I am almost sold out as well but I do have 2 units remaining. Price is $1350 shipped outside Texas. Texas residents will be subject to sales tax, If you are interested, I will need full payment and your dealer's FFL to ship. These will not last long. I do also have the stocks available and they are $175 shipped separately.

Sincerely,
Spartan Hoplite Arms
07/02 SOT"
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MichaelHK:
I got this update in my email earlier. Not the best news for those of us looking to form 1 an APC9 before 41F...

"I just wanted to update everyone who contacted me about the B&T APC series. It looks like the APC9 and 45 are both completely sold out in the U.S. and aren't expected back in the country until August or September. I have several on order so I will send out an update again when I hear anything new from B&T. I did receive my first shipment of the P26 and this is their lower cost polymer pistol. It accepts the same magazines as the TP9 and APC9 but uses the TP9 stock for registration as an SBR. B&T is contractually restricted to 400 units as they sold the rights to an undisclosed company which plans to sell them to foreign customers only. They will not be producing more and we likely won't see any imports again. The first shipment has almost completely sold out from dealers. I am almost sold out as well but I do have 2 units remaining. Price is $1350 shipped outside Texas. Texas residents will be subject to sales tax, If you are interested, I will need full payment and your dealer's FFL to ship. These will not last long. I do also have the stocks available and they are $175 shipped separately.

Sincerely,
Spartan Hoplite Arms
07/02 SOT"
View Quote

B&T USA told me there will be more APC9 and APC45 in 30-45 days. I emailed them and this what they told
Me. So I'm not sure who is right but I'm going with what B&T USA said so we shall see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skipper469] [#43]
So is everyone sold out of the APC9 and P26? Gandrtactical had good pricing on these.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#44]
So is everyone sold out of the APC9 and P26? Gandrtactical had good pricing on these.
View Quote

The Spartan hoplite dealer said in that email that tbey have two P26 left, but at $1350 they're charging a premium for them. I would hold out for another dealer to get stock, but that's up to you if it's worth it. I know that GMP hasn't received their shipment yet, but it's unclear how many they have on order or will receive. I have no idea if each dealer gets 5 or 25.

As for the APC9 I haven't had any luck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#45]

The Spartan hoplite dealer said in that email that tbey have two P26 left, but at $1350 they're charging a premium for them. I would hold out for another dealer to get stock, but that's up to you if it's worth it. I know that GMP hasn't received their shipment yet, but it's unclear how many they have on order or will receive. I have no idea if each dealer gets 5 or 25.

View All Quotes

Ya Iv talked to him on FB several times and my conclusion is he is high on everything. For the firearms to accessories so I go through other dealers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Who's GMP? Do they have the APC9 coming in too, or are they out of stock for awhile?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I want to say Tim at B&T USA provides excellent customer service. Haven't seen a ton of posts about that so just wanted to share that I have been very pleased with service provided.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Who's GMP? Do they have the APC9 coming in too, or are they out of stock for awhile?
View All Quotes

GMP Parts Co They are a B&T dealer in WY and a vendor on HKPro. I believe I bought their last APC9.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#49]
I found an APC45 in my search for an APC9, but they want $2,350 for the thing. Is gandrtactical the only company who had decent pricing? It seems that everyone is fluffing the price because of the scarcity of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#50]
I found an APC45 in my search for an APC9, but they want $2,350 for the thing. Is gandrtactical the only company who had decent pricing? It seems that everyone is fluffing the price because of the scarcity of them.
View Quote

That is the same price I have seen them for. Actual in stock in my hands price. That one sold the next day. Delray Shooting Center has a couple APC9s and an APC45 on the wall. Didn't even ask price as they are really high on everything.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 6 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top