BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 25 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
What makes the apc worth $700- $800 over the ghm9?
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Looking good, there is just something about the B&T rifles aesthetics that I never get tired of. That suppressor is nearly as long as the rifle, how does it sound?
Also you need to get more B&T coverage over on that blog thing you do.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here with my APC9, works fine with Speer 147 TMJ. I also use Freedom Hush 165gr with a TiRant 45 without issues...
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By filthyphil:
What makes the apc worth $700- $800 over the ghm9?
View Quote
I believe the APC has a better recoil buffer, it accepts the (IMO) better stock and is slightly smaller. Whether the APC is worth more, comes down to personal preference more than anything else. I haven’t handled the GHM9, yet, but I have shot the P26, which is what the GHM9 replaces as B&T’s entry level gun and if GHM9 is built as well as the APC9 then it’s one hell of a bargain. I can not believe the quality of the P26 compared to the other pcc’s in its price range.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By michealj:

Looking good, there is just something about the B&T rifles aesthetics that I never get tired of. That suppressor is nearly as long as the rifle, how does it sound?
Also you need to get more B&T coverage over on that blog thing you do.
View Quote
You’re right. My 9K should clear in a few weeks and that will be dedicated to the APC.

Funny you say that about B&T at TFB - Every time write about B&T guns I get accused of being a shill.

Can’t win. We do have a video review coming up of the GHM9.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever bug Karl Brugger got bitten with that caused this subgun fetish of his, I'm loving it.
I'm suddenly up to 5 of his 9mm brain child's and can't seem to get enough and want more. The GHM9 is intriguing. If it's anywhere close to the quality of the APC9 it's a steal at that MSRP. Hell I couldn't believe the quality of the P26. When took it home and opened it up and disassembled it, I felt like I stole it...lol
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By goloud:

You’re right. My 9K should clear in a few weeks and that will be dedicated to the APC.

Funny you say that about B&T at TFB - Every time write about B&T guns I get accused of being a shill.

View Quote
I am genuinely curious, how does it sound? Good, bad, worth the extra length, not worth it, some back pressure, none at all? I have a Trident 9 that sounds good, but it’s just too long.

I would be a B&T shill any day of the week and hold my head high, easy. Trying to convince someone to buy a Kahr Arms cw380 over any other pocket pistol, or even worse, the merits of the Ruger P-series, that’s shilling to be embarrassed about.

Looking forward to the review, all of you guys always put up good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
Whatever bug Karl Brugger got bitten with that caused this subgun fetish of his, I'm loving it.
I'm suddenly up to 5 of his 9mm brain child's and can't seem to get enough and want more. The GHM9 is intriguing. If it's anywhere close to the quality of the APC9 it's a steal at that MSRP. Hell I couldn't believe the quality of the P26. When took it home and opened it up and disassembled it, I felt like I stole it...lol
View Quote
Stay away from the APC223, it’s quickly becoming my favorite piston gun. I almost regret buying my SCAR16.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh I've noticed the APC223, and I'm sure I'll justify needing one eventually. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot or handle one yet but I'm sure it's a Swiss time piece work of art just like the rest of the B&T line up.
I agree with you on the B&T shill position, I'd gladly sign up for that job.
I love the way B&T takes a subgun from the past and reworks it, its kinda ingenious.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#11]

I am genuinely curious, how does it sound? Good, bad, worth the extra length, not worth it, some back pressure, none at all? I have a Trident 9 that sounds good, but it’s just too long.

I would be a B&T shill any day of the week and hold my head high, easy. Trying to convince someone to buy a Kahr Arms cw380 over any other pocket pistol, or even worse, the merits of the Ruger P-series, that’s shilling to be embarrassed about.

Looking forward to the review, all of you guys always put up good stuff.
View Quote
The Octane 45 is a middle of the road performer. Sounds pretty good, but it’s not meant for subgun use. I’d love to find a Gemtech Mk9k, but the Omega 9k will be a good fit.

Thanks for the kind words.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
It's not your fault they put out a great product. Thanks for your work.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I am barely resisting the APC223, barely.  I traded my last Scar16 for the APC9.  I still have a Scar17 but just wait til the APC308 hits the market.  Still in testing.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Does the Apc9 feed 147 grain flat nose subsonic? I want one, but only to run it suppressed. I saw a video where the Ghm9 won't.
View Quote
Lawman and American eagle 147 flat nose and 147 HST feed 100% thru mine.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Just returned from the range with my B&T APC9 and my new GHM9.  I only brought Winchester White Box 115 grain and American Eagle 147 grain Truncated/flat nose ball.  The APC ate it all and asked for seconds but the GHM9 sadly would not feed the flat nose 147 ammo.  It would end up misfed with the nose up pressed between the chamber and bolt every time. I found that if I slowly rode the bolt on that ammo it sometimes loaded into the chamber.  It'll contact B&T and see what their answer is to the problem. Im curious is a JHP like the Hornady American Handgunner will load properly because of its rounded form.  I suspect it might. Still, the GHM9 was flawless with ball ammo and I can't wait to get a nice brace and eventually SBR.  I'm still not surprised that the APC9 is still my favorite but the GHM is going to be fun as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 8:38:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s1g] [#16]
Duplicate post, deleted.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#17]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-KDEMHhw7c[/youtube]

In case you missed the TFBTV review of the GHM9.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:03:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: poepoe310] [#18]
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#19]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-KDEMHhw7c

In case you missed the TFBTV review of the GHM9.
View Quote
Thanks for sharing. What drives the price difference between the GHM-9 and the APC-9?
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:43:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#20]
It is my understanding that the price difference is due to the APC9 upper receiver requiring  a more involved manufacturing process and the
APC9 also has an advanced buffer system in comparison to the GHM9. From the video the GHM9 recoil spring system looks similar to the P26 system (the gun it replaced).
As I mentioned previously, if the GHM9 is anything like the rest of the B&T 9mm lineup, it's an absolute steal at that MSRP. I haven't gotten around to justify buying a GHM9 yet because I have every other 9mm in the lineup (USW is on the way to me)  and let me tell you these guns ooze Swiss quality. If you're wrestling with getting one, just get it and you won't be disappointed. I was even amazed by the P26 when I got it, I still don't know how they sold the gun at that MSRP and made a profit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#21]
There are some confirmed reports of the GHM9 not being able to cycle hollow points and flat nosed ammo. B&T is working on a fix that will include a new feed ramp that will be user replaceable.

It is my understanding that the price difference is due to the APC9 upper receiver requiring  a more involved manufacturing process and the
APC9 also has an advanced buffer system in comparison to the GHM9. From the video the GHM9 recoil spring system looks similar to the P26 system (the gun it replaced).
As I mentioned previously, if the GHM9 is anything like the rest of the B&T 9mm lineup, it's an absolute steal at that MSRP. I haven't gotten around to justify buying a GHM9 yet because I have every other 9mm in the lineup (USW is on the way to me)  and let me tell you these guns ooze Swiss quality. If you're wrestling with getting one, just get it and you won't be disappointed. I was even amazed by the P26 when I got it, I still don't know how they sold the gun at that MSRP
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#22]
There are some confirmed reports of the GHM9 not being able to cycle hollow points and flat nosed ammo. B&T is working on a fix that will include a new feed ramp that will be user replaceable.
View Quote
What’s the timeline for that fix?  Was looking at buying one then started seeing about that issue.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By goloud:There are some confirmed reports of the GHM9 not being able to cycle hollow points and flat nosed ammo. B&T is working on a fix that will include a new feed ramp that will be user replaceable.
View Quote
User replaceable on existing guns? Forgive me if that's a dumb question, just want to clarify.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Not a dumb question. I’m trying to clarify a timeline and retrofit possibilities.

Originally Posted By CJofFL:

User replaceable on existing guns? Forgive me if that's a dumb question, just want to clarify.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#25]
If its like the APC, it'll be user replaceable. Extractor and feed ramps are torx screwed in and easy to access. I'm trying to find spares for both for mine.

Seems they like similarity between guns, so a picture of the feed ramp area should be enough to tell.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Think I'm gonna pick up the APC 223 and 9 with the tax return.  Want the TP9 also, especially since Tim's (MAC) recent review of it suppressed.  Been saving for an MP5 clone, but the APC is more up my alley.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Think I'm gonna pick up the APC 223 and 9 with the tax return.  Want the TP9 also, especially since Tim's (MAC) recent review of it suppressed.  Been saving for an MP5 clone, but the APC is more up my alley.
View Quote
I have 2 HK MP5s and since acquiring my B&Ts, the MP5s get no love...lol. You can't go wrong with the APC9 and TP9. My task now is getting suppressors for my B&Ts.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#28]
i walked into the gun store and had them pull the APC out of the warehouse so i could look at it just to be sure that it wasnt somehow more amazing than the Zenith i went in for (always wanted an MP5, child of the 80's...). I fondled 3 Zeniths in various configs and had the one i wanted picked out.

The APC came out, i spent all of about 3 minutes and told them to wrap it up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I was dead set on SBR'ing a Zenith Z-5P, but at the last minute decided to reroute and go with the APC9.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamadog35] [#30]
I have an APC9 and LOVE IT.  For you guys that have both an APC9 and GHM-9 or have shot both. . . Unless I just want to add more B&T to my collection, is the GHM-9 really any different or better than the APC9?  Right now funding wise I'd rather be obtaining suppressors for my APC9 and P26.  That is unless the GHM-9 is really all that . . .   (Oh, and that damn APC223 is calling my name too )
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
I have an APC9 and LOVE IT.  For you guys that have both an APC9 and GHM-9 or have shot both. . . Unless I just want to add more B&T to my collection, is the GHM-9 really any different or better than the APC9?  Right now funding wise I'd rather be obtaining suppressors for my APC9 and P26.  That is unless the GHM-9 is really all that . . .   (Oh, and that damn APC223 is calling my name too )
View Quote
I don't have either one, but since you have others, you might as well get it. Plus the price makes it very hard to pass up. Not to mention mag compatibility.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
View Quote
I'd say since you already have the P26 (I have one and love it), get suppressors. BUT I'm the last guy that should be giving advice. I have the whole B&T 9m line up, except the GHM9 and not 1 damn suppressor..YET..
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I find myself wanting a TP9 more and more. That is all.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Shooting these things is what I find addicting, if I didn’t have to continuously resupply my ammo stash, I would have money left for more toys. Since I got my SBR paperwork back my reserves have fallen significantly faster than they are being filled. Last month with the great weather we had I shot over 4000 rounds of 9mm, so far this month I’m at about 2500. I don’t want to talk about the ammo I’ve ran through my APC223 in the past year.

For you guys that are not shooting the APC9 suppressed, you are missing out. This thing is truly in a class of its own when ran suppressed. Last time I was out with friends I took my APC9, P26, Scorpion and MPX with a group of 4 friends. After getting trigger time with each of them, the only gun anyone really cared about was the APC. Honestly the only reason I get the Scorpion and MPX out of the safe is so I don’t have to “share” the APC when I’m out with friends.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn this thread...I recently scratched my CZ Scorpion EVO itch (after selling my first a couple of years ago), by buying another and doing several mods including Tailhook brace mounted to folding CZ adapter.  And I want some other variants

I’m waiting on SBR (Zenith clone MP5) to be let out of jail

Now I want several B&T guns...

When wil it end
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#36]
10% off at Brownells and they have the APC9. As FYI they recently took away inclusion of the SB Tac brace but kept it at same price as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#37]
What kind of light/switch setups are you all doing for your apc9/45s?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By roughrider94:
What kind of light/switch setups are you all doing for your apc9/45s?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#39]
What would be so hard about Surefire making a light like the 620 or whatever with offset built in mount that has activation switches on top of the mount.  Why hasn't this been done? Sort of like how the MAWL is set up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#40]
What would be so hard about Surefire making a light like the 620 or whatever with offset built in mount that has activation switches on top of the mount.  Why hasn't this been done? Sort of like how the MAWL is set up.
View Quote
Love that idea.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Love that idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Love that idea.
It would certainly free up a lot of rail space.  You could still you a tail cap switch or pad if needed, but mounted directly to an offset mount would free up a lot of rail space.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Do any of you know if B&T make the APC9 or APC223 in a factory SBR?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I think they are all imported as pistols with the stock hinge already mounted. At least I've never seen a factory SBR from them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ve only seen them as pistols. The SPR300 is the only rifle SBR I’ve seen from them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:44:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tonysoprano150] [#45]
Dakota Tactical has a promotion through 11/27 for 10% off with free shipping on B&T products including guns and a free pistol brace with APC purchases.  I just FO’d an APC45 and some mags.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the head up. I just picked up some APC9 magazines and may grab a USW holster. 10% is enough to draw me in.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I think they are all imported as pistols with the stock hinge already mounted. At least I've never seen a factory SBR from them.
View Quote
I’ve only seen them as pistols. The SPR300 is the only rifle SBR I’ve seen from them.
View Quote
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#48]
This thread seems to be about more than the APC 9 so I thought I would leave this here.  Arms Unlimted has the KH9 on sale for $1750.  Its the lowest price I have seen.  I am not affiliated with them at all and only found the deal while looking for mags for my KH9.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Yesterday I took the P26 out for the first time after finally getting an optic for it. The right side ambi safety snapped off in the first 10 mins. I'll try to reach out to B&T to see if any replacements are available...

Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MichaelHK:
Yesterday I took the P26 out for the first time after finally getting an optic for it. The right side ambi safety snapped off in the first 10 mins. I'll try to reach out to B&T to see if any replacements are available...

<a href="https://imgur.com/u8W7Gky"></a>http://i.imgur.com/u8W7Gky.jpg
View Quote
Well, that is disappointing.  Who needs that right side safety digging into your hand any way, amiright?
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 25 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top