BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 19 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stefan-DSO:

It's not bad at all. It is easier than the MP5 by a good bit in my opinion. You can switch the charging handle from right to left etc also if you want.
View Quote

Thank you, trying to decide on the APC9 or the Z5-RS, I already have the Z5-P.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

Thank you, trying to decide on the APC9 or the Z5-RS, I already have the Z5-P.
View Quote
I have an APC9 and a DJ REGretz MP5 clone. I think the APC9 is a much better firearm. I'd still like a full size MP5 Zenith though.

I'm a huge roller lock fan, so no matter which one I bought, I'd end up with both in the end.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By xM16a1x:
I have an APC9 and a DJ REGretz MP5 clone. I think the APC9 is a much better firearm. I'd still like a full size MP5 Zenith though.

I'm a huge roller lock fan, so no matter which one I bought, I'd end up with both in the end.
View Quote

Curious about your comment on the DJ Getz clone. He had a great rep over at HK Pro and all of mine from him have been solid.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been out of the loop for a while, any chance someone's been working on something to adapt the TP9 to a standard trilug or direct thread?
My heart hopes yes, but my wallet hopes no.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I've been out of the loop for a while, any chance someone's been working on something to adapt the TP9 to a standard trilug or direct thread?
My heart hopes yes, but my wallet hopes no.
View Quote
Capitol Armory is showing an adapter for the TP9 to the Dead Air GhostM. Not exactly the same, but...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By goloud:

Capitol Armory is showing an adapter for the TP9 to the Dead Air GhostM. Not exactly the same, but...
View Quote
DAMN YOU!! Where'd you see this? I'd like to see it too.
Now the question is, what do I sell to fund the TP9? I got a stamp out on a MPX, I already have an evo. I also got a kimber collecting dust, never been a big 1911 guy. I got a PVS-14 I hardly use........
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting so no actual pictures? That's cool though, gives me more time to save up.
I just love how the TP9 is the perfect cross between a pistol, and a sub gun. Sort of like the MP7 but it's a cheap caliber and its something that I can and will shoot all the time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have any experience with the TP9's rotex suppressor? I think these look great and am considering picking up a TP9 and the factory rotex suppressor for a compact SBR package, but I can't find any posts with people's thoughts on their effectiveness.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]
FYI..... The USW has been approved for import.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRvPZaiD-WM/
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:52:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yamadog35] [#11]
Hey folks.  I just recently got turned on to the B&T lineup and quickly picked up an APC9 and P26 (pic below).  They're pistols for now until stamps come back, but I've been having fun with them so far.  I picked up a Griffin 3 lug adapter that works perfectly in my SiCo Octane 45.  This worked great on the APC9 yesterday at the range. 

The guns are great, but I'm really annoyed by the right side safety lever.  I naturally ride up high on the grip and it really digs in.  I've been searching but haven't seen anything on it yet.  Has anyone done anything with this?  I'm not hoping for a drop in solution of course, but wondering if someone has done a DIY fix.    Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
Hey folks.  I just recently got turned on to the B&T lineup and quickly picked up an APC9 and P26 (pic below).  They're pistols for now until stamps come back, but I've been having fun with them so far.  I picked up a Griffin 3 lug adapter that works perfectly in my SiCo Octane 45.  This worked great on the APC9 yesterday at the range. 

The guns are great, but I'm really annoyed by the right side safety lever.  I naturally ride up high on the grip and it really digs in.  I've been searching but haven't seen anything on it yet.  Has anyone done anything with this?  I'm not hoping for a drop in solution of course, but wondering if someone has done a DIY fix.    Thanks!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q41/yamadog35/Forums/APC9%20and%20P26_zps20xccp6w.jpg
View Quote
I ride the grip fairly high as well, but do not have any issues with the safety lever on any of my B&T guns. Shooting my Scorpion was unbearable until I replaced the right side lever. If you find a solution please post it, I'm sure there are others who are looking.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By michealj:

I ride the grip fairly high as well, but do not have any issues with the safety lever on any of my B&T guns. Shooting my Scorpion was unbearable until I replaced the right side lever. If you find a solution please post it, I'm sure there are others who are looking.
View Quote
Yeah, I'm probably just being a whiner, but I hate to spend that much money on something and have at least a perception that there's something wrong.   The firing impulse causes my hand to slide higher and higher and then the lever rubs back and forth.   I had quite a red spot on my hand after 200 rounds total between the two guns yesterday.  I don't own a Scorpion, but I've shot a friend's in factory config and agree that it was worse.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#14]
That right side safety on the APC annoys me as well (only in fire mode).  It's such a small annoyance and I'm just happy to have it that I haven't given it much thought.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone mounted backup sights on the top rail of their APC such as HK style diopter sights?  I know that the APC has the somewhat fragile appearing flip-ups but curious if anyone has rail mounted sights as their main sighting system.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By robar300:
Has anyone mounted backup sights on the top rail of their APC such as HK style diopter sights?  I know that the APC has the somewhat fragile appearing flip-ups but curious if anyone has rail mounted sights as their main sighting system.
Thanks
View Quote
I mounted the low profile iron sights from my Bren pistol onto my APC9 but didn't like the cheek weld, I also tried a set of Troy's but still wasn't happy with the setup. Switched back to the T2 and probably won't go back to irons as primary on the APC9. The APC223 has normal height sights and I have no problem using them, but not as my main option.
I actually like the "iron sights" on the P26 and use them as my primary sights.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah, I'm probably just being a whiner, but I hate to spend that much money on something and have at least a perception that there's something wrong.   The firing impulse causes my hand to slide higher and higher and then the lever rubs back and forth.   I had quite a red spot on my hand after 200 rounds total between the two guns yesterday.  I don't own a Scorpion, but I've shot a friend's in factory config and agree that it was worse.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q41/yamadog35/Forums/Safety%20Discomfort%20P26_zpst1s4e8ft.jpg
View Quote
Had the same issue with a KRISS. Very annoying.

That's all I've got...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q41/yamadog35/Forums/APC9%20and%20P26_zps20xccp6w.jpg
You could take it off and leave it off or file it in and put it back on.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Wabostyle:
FYI..... The USW has been approved for import.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRvPZaiD-WM/
View Quote
http://www.dakotatactical.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_76&products_id=99&zenid=4f28be5e64ff12dc0d4fd4cd67877771
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone post some accuracy pics of their APC9 at 25 yards?

Interested to see what kind of groups everyone else is getting.  So far I'm finding mine to be significantly less accurate than the HK SP5k or the CZ Scorpion.  Would appreciate any target pics you fine folks may have.

Thanks!

-Freq
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Freq18hz:
Can anyone post some accuracy pics of their APC9 at 25 yards?

Interested to see what kind of groups everyone else is getting.  So far I'm finding mine to be significantly less accurate than the HK SP5k or the CZ Scorpion.  Would appreciate any target pics you fine folks may have.

Thanks!

-Freq
View Quote
I'll do some tomorrow. But I've found mine to be very accurate.

Are you running yours suppressed? What ammo? Does the crown look ok?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Crown looks ok, have tried a variety of ammo.  Would be great to see pics of how others are shooting from a rest.

-Freq
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Any updates on GHM9 release?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Saw a green TP9 where I got my APC.  Volunteer Ordnance in Cleveland TN.  

Also waiting for the GHM.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Freq18hz:
Crown looks ok, have tried a variety of ammo.  Would be great to see pics of how others are shooting from a rest.

-Freq
View Quote
I didn't forget about you. I shot, but the weather was too crappy for groups.

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DPS1331:
Any updates on GHM9 release?
View Quote
Its definitely not any official information, but it looks like this French website has an idea what the redesigned GHM9 will look like and gives an ETA of June (for the European market I assume).
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone have a contact person at B&T US that can help me with a warranty issue? If so please IM me. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone know where I can find an APC 223 pistol to SBR? Which dealers are selling these?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dana1972:
Anyone know where I can find an APC 223 pistol to SBR? Which dealers are selling these?
View Quote
Dakota Tactcal shows them in stock.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
How do you like the Atlantic Firearms AR tube adapter?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bruecken:

Its definitely not any official information, but it looks like this French website has an idea what the redesigned GHM9 will look like and gives an ETA of June (for the European market I assume).
View Quote
DAMN!

They have some great pieces at low prices we can't get hear because of the once a full-auto, always bull shit..... not available in America!

The prices on US production weapons are high, but, you can get a VZ26 for 349.00 €! Vz61 for 359.95€! They even have Kel-Tec in stock !

But damn, 1229.90€ for a Beretta Storm.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

It works fine if you do the mods I outlined in your thread:   https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/475560_B-T-TP9---P26-Arm-Brace-Adaptor.html

Bolted to the adapter I used these two products from Stormwerkz:
Hinge -  http://stormwerkz.com/stock-folding-mechanisms/stock-folding-mechanism-standard/
Female Tube Adapter - http://stormwerkz.com/stock-adapters/universal-carbine-adapter/
Then of course the Shockwave Blade and related tube.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Finally got some optics for the B&T projects, but the P26 still has no love yet...

I'm not sure how crazy I am about the BCM KAG on the apc9. I usually like the feel of them, but I think I might try the B&T vert grip instead.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone worry about the APC9 being discontinued or running out of parts availability for them?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:
Does anyone worry about the APC9 being discontinued or running out of parts availability for them?
View Quote
I had a similar concern and asked B&T USA about spare parts. They said they are working on bringing a bunch in so I'll probably stock up on the wear items once they arrive, just in case.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Shot ~500 rounds through the APC9 so far.  Flawless function with 115gr PPU, 124gr Speer Lawman, 115gr S&B, 124gr MEN, 124gr Speer GoldDot HP & 147gr Winchester Ranger HP.  It shoots nearly as smooth as the 9mm MP5 family roller-lock guns

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Did B&T USAgo into hiding?  They used to reply to my emails but no longer do, and no I havent been annoying them with excessive communication.  

I keep checking their social media as well but it seems they have quieted down on hyping their products.

Maybe it is just me wanting the USW sooner than later!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By browning43:
Did B&T USAgo into hiding?  They used to reply to my emails but no longer do, and no I havent been annoying them with excessive communication.  

I keep checking their social media as well but it seems they have quieted down on hyping their products.

Maybe it is just me wanting the USW sooner than later!
View Quote
I think they are just pretty swamped at the moment. They have some really awesome stuff coming down the pipe and I'm sure we will all hear more about it soon.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#39]
For the handful of people who own both, how does the build quality and reliability of the p26 compare to the APC9?

I've read that the APC is for serious use while the KH9 was always intended to be more of a range toy, does the same apply to the P26?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Brooklynite:
For the handful of people who own both, how does the build quality and reliability of the p26 compare to the APC9?

I've read that the APC is for serious use while the KH9 was always intended to be more of a range toy, does the same apply to the P26?
View Quote
The quality and reliability of the P26 is just as good as the APC. I believe the materials and features of the APC set it apart from the P26 which is why the APC has a higher price point. I do not consider the KH9 to be a "range toy", I think of it and the P26 to be improved versions of older designs and in that regard they have succeeded.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#41]

The quality and reliability of the P26 is just as good as the APC. I believe the materials and features of the APC set it apart from the P26 which is why the APC has a higher price point.
View Quote
I have both and tend to agree with this.  I got the P26 prior to getting the APC9.  Not that I don't like the P26, but if I had gotten the APC first I doubt I would have gotten the P26.  The controls and ergonomics of the APC9 IMO make it a better weapon.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is some info on the Beretta PMX-D7 aka the B+T P26:

Military Magazine Article

NUOVA DOTAZIONE DI REPARTO AL POSTO DEL PM12 BERETTA!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry if it has been covered I looked through this thread, but has anyone figured out the trigger compatibility? I saw installing a geissele was mentioned along with a possible modification being needed, but didn't see a definitive answer. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: robar300] [#45]
Originally Posted By 01Dc4:
Sorry if it has been covered I looked through this thread, but has anyone figured out the trigger compatibility? I saw installing a geissele was mentioned along with a possible modification being needed, but didn't see a definitive answer. Thanks!
View Quote
I discussed this with Tim (B&T) and he told me that the Geissele will not drop it but can be modified easily to fit (I can't recall the modification). I don't think you can buy this LPK separately, but he said that he had a number of Vltor lower parts kits that he was given and that they fit perfectly in the APC's.  Other note is that the APC has 14 imported parts so once you swap out 4 parts (such as a Vltor trigger group) you will make it 922r compliant.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Guiselle takes grinding on the hammer, it rubs in the front of the trigger well.  I put a nice elftman in mine and it dropped right in and works fine, I did the straight 2.5 lb single stage and it's pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By rotortuner:
Guiselle takes grinding on the hammer, it rubs in the front of the trigger well.  I put a nice elftman in mine and it dropped right in and works fine, I did the straight 2.5 lb single stage and it's pretty sweet.
View Quote
Pics please? This is the drop in cartridge type?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:02:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rotortuner] [#48]
The stock trigger is a nice trigger, I just didn't like having a 2 stage on this particular gun. This is the elftman 3 gun single stage. It's quite light and essentially zero creep and super short reset. I have a hyper fire and a bunch of guisele triggers in other guns, this is my favorite trigger out of all of them.  I have only had it in the gun for a couple hundred rounds so can't comment on longevity but so far I'm impressed. This just dropped right in, no grinding like on other triggers with the wrong hammer profile.

Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#49]
interesting, I may have to look into this trigger
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm going to ask what is going to sound like a really stupid question, but is there a trick to getting the safety mechanism out of the APC9?  I was looking into a drop in trigger, but for the life of me couldn't get the safety out to remove the factory trigger.   I'm sure there's something simple I'm not seeing and I'm going to be real embarrassed when I see how easy it really is.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 19 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top