Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 16 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:59:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rotortuner] [#1]
Do the magazines drop free?  They don't in my APC9 and they were excessively tight in my apc45. Those didn't bother me that much in the 9 but in an ar type platform it would kinda frustrate me. The 45 was so tight it required fitment to function in a way as to not hamper the smooth transitioning from mag to mag.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
B&T APC223 SBR

Check out my IG @callsignninja if y'all wanna see cool pics

Regarding the mag dropping, both of the APC223 at my work dropped the Gen3 PMAG, that came with them, without problems. Haven't try GI mags yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Sexytime.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
B&T APC223 SBR

http://i.imgur.com/Ro8PfDT.jpg

Regarding the mag dropping, both of the APC223 at my work dropped the Gen3 PMAG, that came with them, without problems. Haven't try GI mags yet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:13:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#4]
Whole bunch of Swiss goodness happening here.  

I wonder when the Stgw 90 will be retired from service now that it has been 26 years from initial adoption.  I'm guessing not anytime soon based on how long they held onto their last rifle and how many are in the hands of Swiss citizens.

B+T would certainly be a top competitor for a new rifle after they secured the Swiss sub gun contract with the MP9 becoming the MP14.

ETA:  

Here is a link to a great read on B+T.  It's a little dated, but, has some great info for B+T PCC fans.

https://www.docdroid.net/mb4k/bt-partner-update-december-2014.pdf.html#page=2
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By goloud:

That's the first pistol with stabilizing brace I've ever seriously considered buying.

Still would SBR it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

Looks like the first batch is in.

https://www.instagram.com/brugger_and_thomet/?hl=en

That's the first pistol with stabilizing brace I've ever seriously considered buying.

Still would SBR it.

No doubt. I typically buy stuff with a brace now as a training wheels version until the stamp comes back.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
B&T APC223 SBR

http://i.imgur.com/Ro8PfDT.jpg
View Quote

That is hotness right there!
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By zephyr:

View Quote

Agree

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Agree

http://i.imgur.com/OtxX0Zw.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zephyr:

Agree

Oh fuck yes.  This puts me into an uncomfortable position, as that this a lot of cash to spend...
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I just found this thread. Now I really want a KH9.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lsujim:
I just found this thread. Now I really want a KH9.
View Quote

Agreed.

My conundrum is a B&T gun or night vision.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Agreed.

My conundrum is a B&T gun or night vision.
View Quote

As the owner of a couple PVS-14s and a couple B&T pistols, I can say I use my APC-9 way more often. I would get an APC-9 and a suppressor then get night vision.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Stamp came back on my APC-9. Now I need to figure out how not to buy the collapsible para stock for $650.  Mah feeeeelzzz...
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
B&Ts are like crack... Expensive addiction...
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillysJeep] [#14]
The SB tactical side folding braces are now available for the APC line. One price I saw was just under $140.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone have any info regarding the compatibility of AR15 selectors in the APC9?  A lower profile selector like the Battle Arms Development selectors would be an improvement.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Where did you see that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:
The SB tactical side folding braces are now available for the APC line. One price I saw was just under $140.

Where did you see that?

G&R tactical had them this morning, not sure how many they had as they are sold out now. I was able to add one to my order and they are pretty good about updating their inventory from my experience.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By michealj:

G&R tactical had them this morning, not sure how many they had as they are sold out now. I was able to add one to my order and they are pretty good about updating their inventory from my experience.
View Quote

Yep saw them here. Didn't post name as they are supposedly a banned vendor here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Yep saw them here. Didn't post name as they are supposedly a banned vendor here.
View All Quotes

That crap happened like 10 years ago, I doubt arfcom is still holding the grudge. They let AAC back after all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 5:14:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rotortuner] [#20]
Originally Posted By LarryLove:
Does anyone have any info regarding the compatibility of AR15 selectors in the APC9?  A lower profile selector like the Battle Arms Development selectors would be an improvement.
View Quote

I have an APC9 and have had the selector appart. AR does not interchange. It uses a dual detent system and is not 90deg throw. Wouldnt be too hard for someone to make a blank off for the right side where it hits your hand. Someone could probably 3D print a new lower profile selector at least for the right side too. To take the selector appart it's the right side that comes off the rest is all one piece. There are small spring etc. I almost lost one and it's challenging to take out and put back in. I took it out to try a different trigger but the new triggers hammer hit the front of the well. I gave up and put the stock one back in since it's really a pretty good trigger. The mags not dropping free kinda bugs me a bit but it's a nice gun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 5:21:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LarryLove] [#21]
Originally Posted By rotortuner:

I have an APC9 and have had the selector appart. AR does not interchange. It uses a dual detent system and is not 90deg throw. Wouldnt be too hard for someone to make a blank off for the right side where it hits your hand. Someone could probably 3D print a new lower profile selector at least for the right side too. To take the selector appart it's the right side that comes off the rest is all one piece. There are small spring etc. I almost lost one and it's challenging to take out and put back in. I took it out to try a different trigger but the new triggers hammer hit the front of the well. I gave up and put the stock one back in since it's really a pretty good trigger. The mags not dropping free kinda bugs me a bit but it's a nice gun.
View Quote

Thanks for the info on the selector.  I'm new to the APC9 and the selector is one of the very few areas in need of improvement on this great firearm.  Give me an aftermarket selector like the BAD products and some steel replacement sights for the factory BUIS and I'll be quite happy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Agree

View Quote

Could you give some feedback on the gun? It looks like putting an aftermarket flash hider/brake and a suppressor on might not fit with the gas adjustment selector in the way in pistol form? Any info. would be greatly appreciated as I'm considering purchasing one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LarryLove] [#23]
View Quote

[Edit: After having more time to mess around with this brace, I'm updating my previous scathing commentary here to something more reasonable.  I was kind of a dick the first time around.

I just received one of the new SB Tactical side folding APC braces.  It's imperfect but serviceable. You can absolutely tell it was made by a 3rd party and not B&T.  Cheap-ish plastic, with horizontal wobble in the closed position when locked.  Initially, I was shocked and pissed off at how much wobble I experienced in the vertical direction when open or closed.  However, I think I was not torquing the hinge screw sufficiently, because when I cranked it down even more (but more than I'm usually comfortable with), that vertical wobble disappeared.  The horizontal wobble remains, but I'm going to use some strategically placed rubber shim material to deal with that.

In my previous comments here I also bitched up a storm about the hinge top and bottom hole diameters being non uniform.  It turns out, the factory hinge also has non-uniform holes and therefore is a intentional part of the design, but the difference between the two is smaller than on the brace (0.1 mm smaller difference by my measurement).  So I may actually not be as smart as I think I am, and this hole difference likely did not contribute to the vertical wobble that originally put the bee in my bonnet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Yikes. I'd return that thing in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just received one of the new SB Tactical side folding APC braces.  Frankly, it's a piece of shit.  You can absolutely tell it was made by a 3rd party and not B&T.  Cheap plastic, lots of wobble in both the open and closed positions with extremely poor lock up.  Most unforgivably, the hinge bore is not uniform in diameter (4.50 mm on one end, 4.20 mm on the other), so the stock wobbles around the hinge screw itself.  That's just inexcusable.  How hard is it to drill a concentric hole in plastic?  I would expect this poor level of fitting from a $10 Airsoft eBay item shipped directly from China, not a $140 US-made part designed to be installed on $2000 firearms.

I'm going to try to salvage this thing with some creativity because it's the most natural looking "not-a-stock" solution that we're going to get, but if you're going to buy one of these braces adjust your expectations accordingly as you might need to do some arts and crafts work before you have an acceptable fit to your firearm.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 7:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LarryLove] [#25]
To those unfortunate enough to have read my original comments about the folding brace two posts up, I have edited my original commentary in which I was kind of a dick and unjustifiably critical of a few aspects of the brace.  After more hands-on time with the brace, it's not as bad as I originally thought, and although it's not perfect most of my original comments are no longer valid.  I updated the original post to more accurately reflect my experience with this product.  I generally think twice and post once, but this time I jumped the gun a bit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 7:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michealj] [#26]

[Edit: After having more time to mess around with this brace, I'm updating my previous scathing commentary here to something more reasonable.  I was kind of a dick the first time around.

I just received one of the new SB Tactical side folding APC braces.  It's imperfect but serviceable. You can absolutely tell it was made by a 3rd party and not B&T.  Cheap-ish plastic, with horizontal wobble in the closed position when locked.  Initially, I was shocked and pissed off at how much wobble I observed in the vertical direction when open or closed.  However, I think I was not torquing the hinge screw sufficiently, because when I cranked it down even more (but more than I'm generally comfortable with), that vertical wobble disappeared.  The horizontal wobble remains, but I'm going to use some strategically placed rubber shim material to deal with that.

In my previous comments here I also bitched up a storm about the hinge top and bottom hole diameters being non uniform.  It turns out, the factory hinge also has non-uniform holes, but the difference between the two is smaller than on the brace (0.1 mm smaller difference by my measurement).  So I may actually not be as smart as I think I am, and this hole difference likely did not contribute to the vertical wobble that originally put the bee in my bonnet.
View Quote

I read your initial "preview" and your updated version as well.

This is not what I wanted to read for the first review of the brace. I just got the tracking details for mine that put it at my dealer late next week, which means I'll pick it up the following Monday and I should be able to take it to the range Tuesday. I really hope this thing won't be a bust, it is the best looking brace for the APC right now, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:05:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#27]
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#28]
APC556 MG

http://i.imgur.com/vqjVnG5.jpg

c l i c k  h e r e  ( :
View Quote

If us citizen folks could only have a full auto version ?? I tried to get a full auto safety selector for my APC9 SBR to try to us it with the Franklins Armory Binary Trugger. Has anyone else tried this. I would love the APC223 with a binary Trigger!!! I'd buy one right now!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#29]
APC556 MG

http://i.imgur.com/vqjVnG5.jpg

c l i c k  h e r e  ( :
View Quote

Could you give some feedback on the gun? It looks like putting an aftermarket flash hider/brake and a suppressor on might not fit with the gas adjustment selector in the way in pistol form? Any info. would be greatly appreciated as I'm considering purchasing one. Also, someoneone on IG said they had one and their weapons rail was not US spec so his flashlight would not mount?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LaVaDog] [#30]
In reading this forum, it appears 2 people have had a 3-lug adapter mount modified to accommodate the APC45. One being a Griffin Armament mount and one being a Silencerco mount. I just got back from a machinist/gunsmith and had him modify my Silencerco mount for my Hybrid. The end result is it isn't a totally rock solid mount up, once mounted it has an ever so slight play in it (when you try to flex it from the end of the can). My thought is maybe he took an extra thousandths too much off of the stainless piston. The gunsmith seemed to think it is okay since the can is a Hybrid and accommodates multiple calibers. For the guys who have done this mod, is yours a rock solid mount up or do you have any play in it? I am just trying to get a consensus from you guys. I sure don't want a baffle strike. -Thank you
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By skipper469:

Could you give some feedback on the gun? It looks like putting an aftermarket flash hider/brake and a suppressor on might not fit with the gas adjustment selector in the way in pistol form? Any info. would be greatly appreciated as I'm considering purchasing one. Also, someoneone on IG said they had one and their weapons rail was not US spec so his flashlight would not mount?
View Quote

I can give you feedbacks on the build quality and how it handle and which ammo it doesn't like so far but I'm keeping the B&T flash hider cause I have B&T can coming for it so I'm not much help on that part.

As I already mentioned. The build quality on the APC guns is superb and well worth the money they're wanting for them. The APC9 SMG shoot extremely fast and flat like you can see in the vid. The APC556 has a slower rate of fire, is a little front heavy, but is very controllable as well. The ergonomics is very similar to the AR and SCAR. I let others people played with the APC556 yesterday and out of all the ammo it got fed it didn't want to cycle on South African and Swiss 556s. Ran perfectly fine with the 1k worth of LC XM193 and XM855 that I brought out.

Ran the APC556 back to back with a HK G36C yesterday as well and the consensus from the people that got to shoot booth was that the APC556 is a softer recoil and better to control on full auto than the HK.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#32]

I can give you feedbacks on the build quality and how it handle and which ammo it doesn't like so far but I'm keeping the B&T flash hider cause I have B&T can coming for it so I'm not much help on that part.

As I already mentioned. The build quality on the APC guns is superb and well worth the money they're wanting for them. The APC9 SMG shoot extremely fast and flat like you can see in the vid. The APC556 has a slower rate of fire, is a little front heavy, but is very controllable as well. The ergonomics is very similar to the AR and SCAR. I let others people played with the APC556 yesterday and out of all the ammo it got fed it didn't want to cycle on South African and Swiss 556s. Ran perfectly fine with the 1k worth of LC XM193 and XM855 that I brought out.

Ran the APC556 back to back with a HK G36C yesterday as well and the consensus from the people that got to shoot booth was that the APC556 is a softer recoil and better to control on full auto than the HK.
View Quote

Thanks! I own a SCAR 17S, APC9, and a P26 , so the overall ergonomics should suit me just fine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

What's your expectation on the gun being able to run different types of ammo? If you get past the break in and still doesn't eat anything is that a problem? How many rounds do you have through it so far? I'm kinda seeing how some of the B&T guns will not just eat any ammunition after mine and others experience with the apc45. My APC 9 has eaten everything so far though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:32:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xM16a1x] [#35]
I just got my SB Tactical APC brace today and it has tons of play in it. Not too thrilled with the amount of money I paid for it. In my opinion it's unacceptable. 
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll be spending some time at the B&T booth at SHOT. Let me know your questions.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be spending some time at the B&T booth at SHOT. Let me know your questions.
View Quote

GHM9 dealers, street peice, etc
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

+1
As well as rifles and rifle suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Can first gen TP9s be upgraded with the NATO selector?
Any braces for the the TP9?
Any word on the VP9 coming in?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Is the TP380 still being imported?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

Can first gen TP9s be upgraded with the NATO selector?
Any braces for the the TP9?
Any word on the VP9 coming in?

Thanks!
View Quote

I've asked about the VP9 about a dozen times. Crickets. But I will be asking again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By LaVaDog:
In reading this forum, it appears 2 people have had a 3-lug adapter mount modified to accommodate the APC45. One being a Griffin Armament mount and one being a Silencerco mount. I just got back from a machinist/gunsmith and had him modify my Silencerco mount for my Hybrid. The end result is it isn't a totally rock solid mount up, once mounted it has an ever so slight play in it (when you try to flex it from the end of the can). My thought is maybe he took an extra thousandths too much off of the stainless piston. The gunsmith seemed to think it is okay since the can is a Hybrid and accommodates multiple calibers. For the guys who have done this mod, is yours a rock solid mount up or do you have any play in it? I am just trying to get a consensus from you guys. I sure don't want a baffle strike. -Thank you
View Quote

I have a modified SiCo mount. It locks up pretty solid, that said I haven't mounted it and then started pushing on the can. If you're doing so from the end of the suppressor you'll have some decent leverage... If you'd like I'll take some calipers to mine tonight and let you know what the diameter is. I only have a shitty pair of Harbor Freight calipers so keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#43]
With the expansion of this thread to topics beyond the APC9, I wonder if we should ask the staff to make a B&T sub-forum in Armory.

In that vein, I noticed that Capitol Armory has B&T MP5SD cans in stock for $1299.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#44]
With the expansion of this thread to topics beyond the APC9, I wonder if we should ask the staff to make a B&T sub-forum in Armory.

In that vein, I noticed that Capitol Armory has B&T MP5SD cans in stock for $1299.
View Quote

I think with their recent releases and what they are talking about bringing to the market, there will be enough discussion for a separate sub-forum.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I've asked about the VP9 about a dozen times. Crickets. But I will be asking again

This. Wanted a welrod or something similar to come to market for years. Just always thought they were cool.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TIML] [#46]
View Quote

Can you get more info on the P26SD? When/if it's expected to hit our shores, msrp and if it would bring the barrel length to over 16"?
Will they have retrofit kits or just complete guns?
Attachment Attached File

And any updates on the TP9/P26 arm brace.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:38:01 AM EDT
[#47]
B&T can for the APC45 showed up earler

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#48]
My APC 223 finally showed up, I will be sending off the SBR paperwork tomorrow. I should be able to shoot it later this week.

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Nice, got any quick impressions/thoughts from just handling it?

My APC 223 finally showed up, I will be sending off the SBR paperwork tomorrow. I should be able to shoot it later this week.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0917_zpsafwekivl.jpeg
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:24:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0917_zpsafwekivl.jpeg

I ran 20 rounds through it when I picked it up for a function check and it definitely shoots well preloaded with the sling.
The trigger is very smooth with no creep and a short reset.
Magazines drop free.
Just on the initial impressions, I think if a SCAR 16 is worth the $2800 (which I think it is) I see them going for, the APC223 is easily worth the $3100ish it costs to buy and then SBR.

I put up several more pictures here.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 16 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top