Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 7:28:04 AM EDT
I'll pick up my ASP (9mm) from my FFL tomorrow (National Buy a Gun Day), and then the fun begins.  Since this pistol will only be fired indoors and at distances up to seven yards, my top rail will be empty.  On the bottom rail, I'll mount an ADE Advanced Optics green laser and 200 lumen light combo, and on the rear, I'll install a SigTac SB15 stabilizing brace.  In addition to the two mags it comes with, I've ordered two 17 rounders (Glock factory); in them, I'll have Federal HST (124 gr) for defense and Willamette River Cartridge (115 gr) for paper targets.

When not being used to investigate 'things that go bump in the night', it will reside between my nightstand and my side of the bed.

I'm not an AR guy - my .223/5.56 is a Mini-14 Tactical with ATI side-folder stock - and I'm not a Glock guy.  My other pistols are Bersa 380s and BuckMark 22LRs.  

I realize the ASP isn't a 'Pistol Caliber Carbine' as the forum section says, but there are already more threads on the ASP (and ASR) here than anywhere else I've found, so I hope this little weapon is welcome until there's a TNWForum.  I see the ASP and ASR as 'more lethal' big brothers to the Marlin Papoose (which I also own), and that's a good thing in my book.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, in a way the ASP is just an SBR waiting for a little longer stock...so it fits closer here than most anywhere else.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, here's a stock ASP:
http://carcentric.com/ASPassold.jpg

And here's mine.(2" longer than stock because I can't get the SB15 on all the way).
http://carcentric.com/ASPindoormode.jpg
The lump at the rear of the upper rail is an offset single-point sling loop.

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, in a way the ASP is just an SBR waiting for a little longer stock...so it fits closer here than most anywhere else.  
View Quote

Amen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top