Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 10:06:11 PM EDT
how much are they?  Are they good shooter?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you find the pics.....or do you have the gun? If you have it I'd love to see it.....but it looks like it could be a homebuild from someone on Weaponsguild....

If you own it....where in Ga are ya? ...I'm in Macon
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you find the pics.....or do you have the gun? If you have it I'd love to see it.....but it looks like it could be a homebuild from someone on Weaponsguild....

View Quote

It's not a homebuild.

Gunbroker shows a few of the 9mms sold in the $600 range recently.  

My Commando Mark 45 was always reliable with USGI grease gun magazines. You shouldn't have any problems out of it.  IIRC yours should accept sten magazines.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks!

Quoted:

It's not a homebuild.

My Commando Mark 45 was always reliable with USGI grease gun magazines. You shouldn't have any problems out of it.  IIRC yours should accept sten magazines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a homebuild.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen the .45acp versions going for between $500 and $600. Fun to shoot, but parts can be difficult to find. I have the Commando Mark V model that I'm tac'ing out right now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:23:05 AM EDT
[#5]
10-4, thanks for the intel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
how are you tac'ing out?

Quoted:
I've seen the .45acp versions going for between $500 and $600. Fun to shoot, but parts can be difficult to find. I have the Commando Mark V model that I'm tac'ing out right now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#7]
So far, I've removed the forward hand grip and mount and installed 2  NcStar Universal Barrel Quad Weaver Base Mounts in its place. One base mount isn't long enough, but 2 allows me to mount a Sig Sauer flashlight/laser/vertical grip on the bottom rail and a holo sight on the top rail. I bought the bases off Amazon for a little more than $10 each. I've done nothing that I can't change back to the stock configuration, but since this gun has little collectors value, I may install a VZ-58 folding stock or  folding M4 stock. The rear sight is begging to be changed and a picatinny rail installed, but that may come later.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#8]
KOOL!  Shoot us some pictures.

BTW, how are you going to address parts issue, esp. if the firing pin breaks?

Quoted:
So far, I've removed the forward hand grip and mount and installed 2  NcStar Universal Barrel Quad Weaver Base Mounts in its place. One base mount isn't long enough, but 2 allows me to mount a Sig Sauer flashlight/laser/vertical grip on the bottom rail and a holo sight on the top rail. I bought the bases off Amazon for a little more than $10 each. I've done nothing that I can't change back to the stock configuration, but since this gun has little collectors value, I may install a VZ-58 folding stock or  folding M4 stock. The rear sight is begging to be changed and a picatinny rail installed, but that may come later.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Numrich has some parts. if anything major breaks, i guess I'll take the pieces to my gunsmith or a machinist and see if they can make another one. Here are two pics of the work in progress.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]
good thinking.  How does it compare to other pistol caliber carbines?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
The only other pistol caliber carbine I've shot is the ruger 44mag carbine. The Volunteer Arms Mark V was a lot of fun to shoot. Very pointable, I didn't use the sights after the first few rounds. 30rds of .45acp seems like you're pulling the trigger forever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top