Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 5:07:56 PM EDT
Has anyone ever seen this conversion?

I know Arfcom hates pistol caliber carbines, but it seems like this paired up with a Glock 21 (also converted to 460 Rowland) would be a fun combo.  They would share mags, both shoot .45acp as well as 460 Rowland, and the Kriss should be good out to at least 150 yards on medium sized game.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if that gun could take the pressure of the .460 Rowland without some major engineering. Hell, they barely get the gun to work in .45 ACP let alone something more powerful like the .460.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I'll take that as it's a bad idea

It's not something I claim to know much about
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I would buy one. If it didn't break or explode, and was reliable.

I'd actually buy pretty much any .460 Rowland PCC, if someone could make one that didn't suck.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Could get a mechtech conversion rechambered and use a heavy spring. I have a feeling it will still year itself apart though. Blowback does not play well with that kind of power though. I would just get a 44 mag lever gun. If you go lever gun, might as well get a 4570...
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I might suggest the circuit judge in 44mag. Six shots double and single pluse speed strips you would have a nice supper Pcc that is semiautomatic "like".
And pair it with you flavor of 44mag revolver.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm curious if you could add a lever delay or similar device to one of the more common blowback guns on the market. The Kriss is complicated enough already, but I wonder if an Uzi or similar gun could be modified to function with the heavier recoil of .460.
I've seen references to USCs converted to .460 working successfully, but nothing really substantial.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's some irony.

The Aluminum receiver Thompson pistol weighs about the same as a kriss, and doesn't have the goofy recoil mitigation.

.460R out of THAT would probably be hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's some irony.

The Aluminum receiver Thompson pistol weighs about the same as a kriss, and doesn't have the goofy recoil mitigation.

View Quote

Perhaps not if said Thompson had a "Blish lock".
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's some irony.

Think about that for a minute.

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The Mech Tech CCU is available in .460 Rowland, but only in the 1911 variant. They're not comfortable with using a G21 lower for that application. Apparently, a few early production models were produced and sold however if you can find one though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top