Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2014 10:15:30 AM EDT
I recently bought a Thureon 9mm to replace my 9mm AR that had all kinds of problems. To make it short, this Thureon flat out kicks ass!

I bought the model that takes Glock mags and had all the bells and whistles added like the quad rail, single point sling attachment point, YHM QDS sights, Magpul stock and grip etc. It is pretty light considering how stout it is built. The walls on the lower are very thick and the bolt is one big block of steel. Fit and finish is really nice for this class of weapon.
After cleaning and lubing it before I hit the range I ran 550 rounds through it of all kinds of different ammo from WWB, Federal, Remington, Tula, Wolf,  Speer Gold Dots, Ranger T's and several other Hollow points and ball rounds. The gun ran 100% PERFECT with out a single problem! Wish I could say the same for my old 9mm AR!

Below are some pictures of the groups I got at 15 and 25 yards. Even at 25 yards I had a hard time seeing the targets and the front sight post is wider then the red circles but I was happy with the accuracy overall. I was shooting indoors because of a wind storm so next time out I'll shoot at 50 and 100 yards. I Shot mostly with the irons sights from a rest and some with a 4 power Burris scope to compare accuracy with the 9mm AR. I was able to get better groups with the Thureon using the Irons vs the AR using the scope for the most part. The AR had a problem because it's accuracy was terrible no matter who shot it or what ammo was in it. The bottom 2 pictures are of the AR's groups at 25 yards with the scope and at 100yards from an earlier range trip(9+ inch group). All the other pictures are of the Thureon. I sighted in low so I would be on at 100 yards:

9mm AR:

Overall this rifle is a really nice rifle in every respect! If you are in the market for a 9mm carbine this is worth a look for sure! Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the actual weight on this?  I've been considering one exactly like this for my wife... She LOVES her Glock 9mm pistols, but she's a tiny thing and I don't know how heavy this would be compared to a 14.5" lightweight AR Carbine in 5.56.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
On the problems you had with your 9mm AR not being so accurate...I second that one! I sold both my 9mm AR's and got a JRC which is VERY accurate. It also runs on Glock mags. The rifle you have I looked for but where I live no one had them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
This may not help but unloaded, my 45 ACP weighs 8lbs 8oz as shown below, the extras wight is down a bit.  Ironically the exact same amount as my SCAR 17 with an ACOG.  But I wanted this because it is not a polymer weapon.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/37028017@N03/Uj6e4u
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind me asking, what was the price for the rifle?

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys. I forgot about this thread! Not sure on weight but I'll see if I can figure it out. The gun was expensive at $1200 as it sits with YHM QDS sights, sling attachment point on the rear of the receiver and the quad rail. You can get them for about $800 I think for just the plain gun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been drooling over their 10mm version for a while. I really want one with an 8"-10" barrel and a can.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just heard about these.

WANT!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Also would highly recommend this gun. It's one of my favorite and have a slide fire on mine. Have ~2000 rounds with mine. Glock 9mm version.

You can buy gun directly from thureon defense and their support is awesome. I also purchased a pistol upper separately as I have my lower waiting on the sbr tax stamp.

-Doug

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top