Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2014 3:04:47 PM EDT
Tried to fire it today and got light primer strikes that were off center?  Going to call them tomorrow but doesn't sound good, I assume they would have at least test fired it before shipping???  Any thoughts, attempted several times but would never fire.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure you checked this, but is the barrel nut screwed down tight?  If the barrel is loose and the barrel is allowed to move forward a little bit, I could see this problem occurring.  You should also check the interface where the barrel seats to make sure there isn't a piece of debris in there preventing the barrel from fully seating.

John Thomas
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Also make sure the firing pin channel in the bolt is clean and dry.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
My Vector came new in box with a ton of grease in it. Make sure all that gook is cleaned out as perhaps some of it is gumming something up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I cleaned it really well and looked everything over.  The firing pin is nearly hitting the edge of the primer and nowhere near the center.  Just eyeballing down the barrel to the breech face looks off.  I'm thinking the bolt is milled off or trunion is crooked?  Not sure if this is normal or not either but I can't manually cycle rounds through the gun.  They fail to extract sometimes and fail to feed others.  When the bolt is closed on a round and I look in the ejection port I can see a gap between the barrel and bolt, in other words I can see a portion of the casing, is that normal or should the bolt face be touching the barrel and fully supporting the round?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like your front trunnion is crooked. Send that shit back.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Untitled by upnorthbacon,

Just got off the phone with vector and they are having me ship it to them and sounds like they are right on top of things.  They seemed generally concerned and want to make it right with me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Well this has been a complete nightmare.  Bob with Vector has been very kind on the phone but I'm not real happy.  I tried the fire the gun for the first time on March 6th and it didn't fire.  I contacted Vector and was told to send it in, so I did.  They received it on the 13th and I didn't hear back for a week so I called them.  I was told they had a gunsmith sick and were swamped with new orders but would get it fixed ASAP.  The gun returned to me on March 26th, 20 days after I contacted them to have it fixed.  I was told the bolt had to be "faced" and they replaced the extractor.  So I open the box and look to see if I can tell what work they did.  I immediately see the bolt is cracked all the way through in the front!  WTF do they have anyone going over quality control with these things.  So another call to Bob, again great guy from what I can tell and he tells me to send it back again and he would send a label ASAP.  I'm a little disappointed and I'm assured it will be a one day turnaround so they can get it back to me working correctly.  Well after waiting over a week I call and I'm told one of the gunsmiths is on vacation and they are swamped with orders.  I mean come on, fix the broken gun before you fill new orders!  I just finally received the gun today, April 22nd, going shooting tomorrow wish me luck, it sounds like I may need it at this point!  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow! Just Wow! That sucks, OP. I agree that they should make warranty repairs first and then fill new orders. Please keep up posted.

Between your post and the Vector is looked at my LGS, I will not be purchasing one. The lack of QC reminds me of the Vector AK I owned years ago. The bolt wouldn't close on an empty chamber. So you know they didn't even test fire let along function test it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Well TRIED to fire it again today.  Couldn't make it through 5 or 6 rounds without an issue.  The firing pin is hitting the exact same as before, way off center.  It's not firing about every third round because the off center hit, then it won't extract that round.  If it actually does fire three rounds in a row it stovepipes or fails to extract and double feeds again. I tried three different Israelly mags.  I was shooting 115 Remington and 115 Speer.  I'm f'ing pissed at this point!  There's no way they inspected or put a whole mag through this gun without malfunctions.  I left a message for Bob because they are closed now.  What are my options?  Can I demand a refund of my money or a replacement gun?  I'm trying to be as civil as possible but I'm really tired of dealing with this company I just want a refund if legally possible!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like the rails are off center.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Op, you should demand a refund considering it has been back three times or so for "repair". The gun is POS. Would you even trust a replacement?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#12]
No.  In fact that was what I just suggested in my email.  Obviously the barrel is crooked.   They did a Band-Aid fix by facing the first bolt rather than adjusting the barrel. When they replaced that bolt because it was cracked they didn't face the second bolt again resulting in the same problems.  Which in essence means any replacement bolt I would buy in the future would not run in the gun and would have to be machine specifically for that gun.  I guess we'll see what kind of customer service their company has I'm hoping this ends positively.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, that is fucked up. And people give Century a bad rap for crappy guns. At least when I've had a problem with Century guns they've made it right the first time around.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#14]
They are refunding my money.  They honestly couldn't have been more sympathetic and understanding.  They were willing to do whatever it took to make it right.  They also told me they did some housekeeping to eliminate the problems.  I was very impressed with the conversation and happy with the end result overall.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Glad you got the refund, OP. Even though they failed from a QC perspective, they did well from a CS perspective. I wonder if "housekeeping" meant that someone lost their job.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#16]
What a bummer. I've heard Vector UZI's are supposed to be top notch, but have also heard lots of problems of them recently, from broken firing pins, to bad barrels.

I build an Uzi up on a McKay/Nodak and it has been flawless. I've been very impressed by it. (Bolt and receiver being their parts)
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh yeah, someone got fired.  It's unfortunate but they did make it right and Bob is a class act there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to hear of the headache you went through OP.  I picked up my Vector Uzi about a year ago and it has been flawless so I am disappointed they messed yours up but at least they refunded your money.  Maybe look to pick up an IMI Uzi?  I saw one for sale at a great price about 2 months ago so they do pop up from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a bummer. I've heard Vector UZI's are supposed to be top notch, but have also heard lots of problems of them recently, from broken firing pins, to bad barrels.

I build an Uzi up on a McKay/Nodak and it has been flawless. I've been very impressed by it. (Bolt and receiver being their parts)
View Quote

same here..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top