BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1 on this. I'm surprised the SMG mags were plug and play as you describe. I wonder if it was done that way intentionally?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Okay wait, so Colt 9mm mags lock in and hand cycle with no modifications?? Let us know if they're reliable, because that will make this a whole other ball game if that's the case.

+1 on this. I'm surprised the SMG mags were plug and play as you describe. I wonder if it was done that way intentionally?

Shhhhh.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Brazil does use allot of Colt products. Would make sense.

As for importing parts, the only parts that would not be importable would be the barrel and receiver. Everything else is good to go. The ATF WILL approve an import permit wthout a licence if not for re-sale.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple questions for you on your Form 1 online submission. If you get a chance I would love some help on this lol. I did my suppressor through a dealer.....much easier from what I can tell lol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
what are your questions?  PM if you don't want to post them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh nothing too big. I was trying to do the online application and couldn't figure out some of the information. Turns out the online application answered some of them while I was doing it. How short are you going on your barrell? I'm going to go pretty short and keep the original style of the rifle and sink my suppressor down into it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with 6 inches.  I actually just dropped it off to be cut.  6" is about as short as you can go so the suppressor doesn't touch the hand guards.  

Sounds like you're going shorter.  It will be easy to mod the hand guards to do what you want, just remember that its polymer.  I don't know how the hand guards will hold up to the heat of a suppressor inside them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I expanded the hole in the exit end of the hand guard to accomadate my suppressor. I'm actually using a larger suppressor than a 9mm. I've gotten the mock up to fit just right without rubbing or touching anywhere. I have thought about the heat. The only thing I can think of is "vent" holes in the handguard, but with those I will loose some rigidity. I've started talking with my gunsmith / cnc / mill guy to see about making a new handguard and we think its possible. Just have to get started on it between any type of work he has in shop. My suppressor is 8.5 long so it will still stick out a little even with a made handguard.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Got all my stuff sent to the ATF (e-file) today. Took a little bit of a learning curve to get it all in there. Its all good to go now. Just playing that waiting game. Hope your shorty is coming along nicely.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Tax stamp back, 6" threaded barrel installed.

I still want to clean up the joint of the folding stock and the receiver.  Hopefully Ill be able to get her to the range soon and get a range report up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  Tax stamp back, 6" threaded barrel installed.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/WFORIDERS/DSC_0017_zps069b9732.jpg

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/WFORIDERS/DSC_0016_zps3ad8d828.jpg

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/WFORIDERS/DSC_0015_zpse0faad9b.jpg

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/WFORIDERS/DSC_0014_zps7e780701.jpg

I still want to clean up the joint of the folding stock and the receiver.  Hopefully Ill be able to get her to the range soon and get a range report up.
View Quote

That's pretty slick.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Lookin sick!! I'll get you a picture of the mount I made for my folding stock. With how it looks now I want to lop off the front end like you did. Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Now, that is the rifle (SBR) Taurus should have built in the first place!  (I know, ATF won't let them....)
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Pure win! Awesome job.
Once you get to the range let us know how the Colt SMG mags run. I think that's the one factor that is keeping a lot of us from buyin one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Pure win! Awesome job.

Once you get to the range let us know how the Colt SMG mags run. I think that's the one factor that is keeping a lot of us from buyin one.

View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Also in for how those Colt smg mags run.  I am like the others and have held off on purchasing this rifle due to the low capacity of the factory mags.  

By the way your SBR looks awesome!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys.  I have a 4 day weekend this weekend and I'll try to get to the range.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Another option for the bolt hold open with uzi mags.  Don't know if it would work better for you or not.

http://www.m60joe.com/

click M16, then click m16/uzi mag hold open.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#18]
In for range report with the different mags. My dealer is running a special on these things for $425 out the door but the low cap mags are a deal breaker
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Does this have a molded barrel trunnion like the G36?
Nvm I see that it's aluminum

Looks great btw!

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Have you made it to the range?  Dying to know if those magazines work in the Taurus.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#21]
no Im in the middle of a move
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In for range report with the different mags. My dealer is running a special on these things for $425 out the door but the low cap mags are a deal breaker
View Quote

For that price, I think I'd take the risk

ka
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I got the chance to take my 5 inch Taurus SBR to the range. Excellent shooter. At 25 yards I was getting solid groupings. My modified uzi mags did not work unfortunatley. I did try colt SMG mags, perfect drop it. They need a notch cut in the back but other than that they perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I finally got my Taurus to the range yesterday.  I had mag issues.  Both uzi and colt mags worked but I had a lot of FTF and FTE as well as a few double feeds.  Im confident I can get them to run they just need work.  For me unmodified colt mags arent working perfectly.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sadly for the dealers this rifle has been gathering dust on the shelf for some time. Now there are more choices on the market like that new Nano 9mm that takes Glock mags, uses many AR parts, is lighter and it like $550.  Dealers have been sitting on these things. Its a shame, we all know if they had larger magazines easily available that they would sell.

Sometimes things just don't go the right way.

But, nice job on the SBR!  Looks great. Hope you guys get your magazine problems worked out. I just l-o-v-e all things PCC.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I started to modifying the colt mags. Found it takes some small adjustments to get them to seat correctly with the mag lock. I did have the double feed problems, started to look into it. I started to make small adjustments on the cuts on the back of the rail. Ended up taking a little off the springs to loosen the hold on the rounds. It cut back on the double feeds. So i'm still at the drawing board to try and fix the issue. I did find that a brand new mag is horrible for the conversion. Too much spring tension and not broken in. Found a very used colt ar mag.......made wonders with the conversion.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#28]
taurus discontinue this line of carbines.
Suppose to be re-modeling them-don't have details though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top