Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2014 1:58:01 PM EDT
Anything? I need me some of that action.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several long running threads on this already. Nothing new that I have heard of.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it's dead in its current form:

http://ingunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/330514-sig-mpx-c-apparently-nerfed.html

Well, it looks like it was too good to be true. After falling off the radar for a year, Sig released an updated video and pictures of the MPX line that is supposed to be going on sale shortly. The MPX-C no longer has the monocore baffle stack/muzzle brake to take it out to 16" (allowing you to purchase the screw on suppressor tube that is the registered part and turning it into an integrally suppressed carbine). Apparently, it has been reduced to having an 8" carbon fiber extension that is permanently attached. They plan to initially release the MPX pistol and SBR variant, then I assume the nerfed MPX-C later. The full auto sibling of the MPX-C is going to be released as the MPX-SD (to military and law enforcement only of course).

From some rumors posted on a few other sites, the talk is that the ATF put the kibosh on the MPX-C, saying the muzzle brake constituted suppressor components.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I might consider buying the MPX-SBR or the MPX-P (pistol) and then turning it into an SBR. But I have no interest in the MPX-C anymore. You'd think they would consider releasing a semi-auto SD model for those who wanted the MPX-C. Still a single stamp, same as buying an integrally suppressed rifle. With the SBR, that's 2 stamps, one for the gun and one for a suppressor (though I guess I do already have a sub gun can that would probably work perfectly to put on the MPX SBR, but that's already going to be shared between several of my other guns).
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2014 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I always thought it was a goofy idea.  ATF is not going to let you make something that just needs a pipe tube installed to make it a workable supressor.

The way to set this rifle up is with a 6-7 inch rail, and a 8 inch barrel, threaded to 1/2X28.  Then you can install whatever supressor you want on it.

Intergeral suppressors, while cool looking, don't have the use of a supressor by itself, that you can use on anything you own.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree.

I was hoping to avoid two tax stamps and ugly trust engraving. Relatively minor issues, I know. But I want a do-it-all suppressed 9mm carbine, and this looked like a good candidate.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always thought it was a goofy idea.  ATF is not going to let you make something that just needs a pipe tube installed to make it a workable supressor.

The way to set this rifle up is with a 6-7 inch rail, and a 8 inch barrel, threaded to 1/2X28.  Then you can install whatever supressor you want on it.

Intergeral suppressors, while cool looking, don't have the use of a supressor by itself, that you can use on anything you own.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2014 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I agree.

I was hoping to avoid two tax stamps and ugly trust engraving. Relatively minor issues, I know. But I want a do-it-all suppressed 9mm carbine, and this looked like a good candidate.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I agree.

Quoted:

So just buy the SBR no engraving or nothing. Saw that update in the other thread.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the non-select fire SBR version exist? Can you post a link? If so, that would actually be helpful information.

I went through "the other threads". No joy.

Quoted:

So just buy the SBR no engraving or nothing. Saw that update in the other thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2014 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]
None of them exist yet so worrying about it is silly at this point. The reason I mentioned the other threads is so you could post in one of them rather than starting another thread on the same thing. It helps everyone stay current.

I have seen the SBR and pistol mentioned but until they are shipping it doesnt matter much. Sig offers quite a few factory SBR's so I wouldnt give up hope.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's an MPX pistol with an arm stabilizer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSGS1pqkZuQ

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Question - Is the integral baffle stack still somehow inside that carbon fiber thing, but perhaps in a way where it's not providing suppression?

With carbon fiber, the term "permanently attached" speaks of hopes & dreams more than science.  

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Cabelas is showing the mpx pistol in stock but not available on-line 1899
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cabelas is showing the mpx pistol in stock but not available on-line 1899
View Quote

They don't have them in stock, they're not even sure when any will show up. But you're right that price is tempting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#12]
All depends on what the magazines cost.   If they are like $65.00 apiece, no thanks.

This sucks.  I really wanted the integrally suppressed one.

If that ain't happening, I will consider one of the Turkish MP5 guns that are coming in.  

Outdated design, but still sexy as fuck.  

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Depending on how that sleeve is attached I might be fine with it. If there are usable threads and a 6" barrel it might be perfect.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Am I the only one who hates fake cans?  Shit like this with the carbon fiber tube, the Kriss etc just turn me off immediately.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]
why did sig think they could get away with it, when nobody else ever has?
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

When has anyone tried it in the past?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#17]
http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/mpx-p-psb.aspx

I don't remember the stabilizing brace pistol version being an option until now.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#18]
My contact at Sig says mid July is target release date. Having ATF issues with carbine. Something to do with the muzzle "devise" is a "suppressor". They will be releasing both pistol and carbine at same time. Shop I'm at has them ordered, but on a holding pattern. Sig contact is ultra reliable/in the know.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My contact at Sig says mid July is target release date. Having ATF issues with carbine. Something to do with the muzzle "devise" is a "suppressor". They will be releasing both pistol and carbine at same time. Shop I'm at has them ordered, but on a holding pattern. Sig contact is ultra reliable/in the know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.shootingwire.com/features/228649

"But where did that list of six characteristics come from? The agency never explains whether those six characteristics are present in all (or most?) silencers. The agency never explains whether there are other common characteristics that do not appear on its list. And the agency never explains how many characteristics in common are necessary to be classified as a 'firearm silencer.' What if a device has an 'encapsulator' and an 'end cap; - is it a silencer? What about a device that is attached to the muzzle of a rifle, and is full of "sound dampening material," but has none of the other five physical characteristics-is it a silencer? The agency's approach leaves Innovator (as well as other regulated parties, and reviewing courts) guessing."

Would be interesting if this ruling ends up affecting the MPX-C in some way.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Was planning on building a 9mm AR. Going to wait for one of these. Hopefully in a factory SBR.

ETA: I really like the MSRP on the pistol version. Once it's released and things calm down I would imagine you could pick one up in the $1400 range.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to OSS, the only registered part of the suppressor is the sleeve.  The turbine/flashhider/muzzle brake is not considered a suppressor.

OSS Shot 2014

The muzzle device extends a few inches forward, not like the enormous "muzzle brake" Sig was trying to pass off as a brake.  The baffle/turbine system is not a traditional suppressor design either.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump. It looks like we are only a couple months from consumer sales on the pistol versions. Who's in?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Whats the price point of the pistol version again?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Whats the price point of the pistol version again?
View Quote

Sounds like $1599+/- depending on Sig Brace or plain.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#25]
IF the quality is there, I'm in at that price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd totally rather drop that $1500 on a Sig than a clone of an MP5. Though I've been pricing the clones for the past two months because the MP5k has been my grail gun for the last 15yrs... Are these anywhere near being released?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd totally rather drop that $1500 on a Sig than a clone of an MP5. Though I've been pricing the clones for the past two months because the MP5k has been my grail gun for the last 15yrs... Are these anywhere near being released?
View Quote

Amen to that!  I don't think a "copy" of an MP5 can hold a candle to what this Sig appears to be.  Save your money, as am I, and wait for the real deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#28]
But how long is the wait gonna be?? That is the real question here. Are dealers taking pre-orders or do they have waiting lists?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Question - Is the integral baffle stack still somehow inside that carbon fiber thing, but perhaps in a way where it's not providing suppression?

With carbon fiber, the term "permanently attached" speaks of hopes & dreams more than science.  

--Fargo007
View Quote

I think if SIG left a baffle inside a carbon fiber tube and then tried to say it somehow wasn't a suppressor, the ATF would blow a fucking ovary.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think if SIG left a baffle inside a carbon fiber tube and then tried to say it somehow wasn't a suppressor, the ATF would blow a fucking ovary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

--Fargo007

Yep, baffle is gone guys. Shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]
The rumor is they can't get these things to run properly. Hopefully the delay is to fine tune these things so Sig doesn't beta test their product on their customers like they did with the P250 and P290

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Where did you hear this?

Quoted:
The rumor is they can't get these things to run properly. Hopefully the delay is to fine tune these things so Sig doesn't beta test their product on their customers like they did with the P250 and P290

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I shot the MPX pistol version with the Sig Brace on Monday and it worked fine. Even with crappy frangible ammo.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I shot the MPX pistol version with the Sig Brace on Monday and it worked fine. Even with crappy frangible ammo.
View Quote

Thank you.

Do you have time for a short review? How's the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Trigger seemed fine. Overall it felt similar to an MP5 with AR controls. Magazine was a bit stiff to load but felt sturdy. I just put half a mag through it so it wasn't much.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where did you hear this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Where did you hear this?

Quoted:

Saw it on one of the Sig forums a few months back when the MPX was slated for a summer release

ETA: Tried to find the thread but couldn't. Not sure if was on sigtalk or sigforum but it was in a long thread about the MPX that has been running for over a year. Honestly even if it's true, if Sig irons out the kinks before they release the gun, I could care less
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top