Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 9:53:00 AM EDT
I finally got the B&T upper for my SPP and put a Zeiss Z-dot on it.  Looks flipping awesome.  I emailed Bill Springfield for a trigger job to resolve the "other issue" with the SPP.  I wish I could design a block for a folding stock like the TP-9 has so I can SBR it..  Would be a fun as hell sub-gun...  If you're wondering why I didn't just buy a TP-9, I needed pre-ban here in CT..  I'll post pictures later today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They are fun!!

CSF

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.  Mine is more basic.  Do you know where I can get the rail for the right side of the upper and something that threads to the barrel?  My long thread protector is all banged up and everything else is perfect.  I would love something to replace it with that had a rail like your suppressor.  I was thinking I could make a block that uses the sling hoop and maybe some of the pin holes to mount a folding stock block.  Once I come up with a design I know will work, I'll SBR it.  I've even thought Airsoft HP Stock or something.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice.  Mine is more basic.  Do you know where I can get the rail for the right side of the upper and something that threads to the barrel?  My long thread protector is all banged up and everything else is perfect.  I would love something to replace it with that had a rail like your suppressor.  I was thinking I could make a block that uses the sling hoop and maybe some of the pin holes to mount a folding stock block.  Once I come up with a design I know will work, I'll SBR it.  I've even thought Airsoft HP Stock or something.
View Quote

Try Wolverine Supplies.

CSF
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Bill Springfailed?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bill Springfailed?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Wanna clue me in on his work before I send him my SPP?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wanna clue me in on his work before I send him my SPP?
View Quote

He doesn't have a great reputation. Reportedly his trigger jobs are okay for a relatively short time, then fail. The SPP is not something you have a trigger job done to anyway.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#8]
The right side rail is available for the TP9 at this website. They also have the brasscatcher and most other B&T stuff. Wolverine supplies used to sell the folding stock for $140. http://www.tacstore.ch/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=BT-30394
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool, thanks for the link!!!  Have you purchase from them before?
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#10]
It seems that Armati USA has taken up importation of the Brugger and Thomet line and might be a domestic option for sourcing parts. But, they were waiting on import permits the last time I emailed them regarding small parts for my TP9. The recent SIG 553 pistols were imported by Armati.

I have the armorers manual for the B+T MP9 if anyone wants to pm me for it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It seems that Armati USA has taken up importation of the Brugger and Thomet line and might be a domestic option for sourcing parts. But, they were waiting on import permits the last time I emailed them regarding small parts for my TP9. The recent SIG 553 pistols were imported by Armati.

View Quote

Just checked their website and it looks like they are going to bring the APC9 as well this year.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just checked their website and it looks like they are going to bring the APC9 as well this year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be outstanding news. Of course all the "cool stuff" starts out at $1,500, but that's what makes it cool I guess.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree the prices for some of the Swiss stuff is shocking.  Hopefully Armati will make the TMP/MP9/AC9 magazines more readily available.  If they carry the TP9 Carbine stock the OP should be able to make it fit with an adaptor block for the sling loop on the SPP.  The fixed carbine stock B&T currently produces is almost exactly like the Steyr version but attaches to the rear stock block.  I haven't seen any of the TMP/SPP stocks for a while, and the last one I did see for sale was ridiculous.  

I've got a library of TMP/MP9 photos if anyone needs the info for fabrication.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Does someone make a stock block for the sling loop????  That is exactly what I was trying to figure out.  I even though of using longer pin in the lower to beef it up.  Just didn't want the block so big it changed the look of the gun..
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#15]
The B&T fixed stock surrounds the rear of the receiver and is secured to the stock block with a metric hex screw. I think you could fabricate a spacer that gets a tapped home for the securing screw and attach it to the rear of the SPP.

It would help if I could find a comparison of the Steyr vs B&T stock. I suggest Wolverine Supplies in Canada.  I'm in the process of getting parts for my TP9 from them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#16]
CSFirearms what kind of optic is that on your TP9?
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#17]
It's some cheap red dot that Sig Sauer gave away with a purchase of a SIG Swat rifle.

Quoted:
CSFirearms what kind of optic is that on your TP9?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I put a Zeiss Z-dot on my SPP and it just looks RIGHT....   Trigger and folding stock (SBR) and it will be a perfect little CQB gun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 4:29:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Any update on parts availability?  I have a SPP that needs a railed top cover.

Thanks, Lee

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#20]
They are still waiting on the BATFE to approve their import paper work when I checked in about six weeks ago.

Wolverine Supplies in Canada is your best bet for the top cover. Be aware that internal parts compatibility isn't  100% between the SPP and TP9.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Centerfire Systems has Steyr TMP/SPP stocks available. The price is steep at $399.99 but good luck finding another Steyr factory stock.

Steyr TMP fixed stoxk
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump for info on SPP parts availability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top