Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2013 6:36:08 PM EDT
I just heard of this thing the end of July 2012, don't know how I missed it while reading over 2012 SHOT show coverage. 9mm, 8" forged barrel, retractable and folding removable stock, polymer build, 20 & 30rd translucent mags, full ambi controls; This thing seems like the MP5 of the 21st century and I want one!!!

It is only available in the US in select fire, and therefor LE/Mil only. Europe has a semi version(pictured) which is civilian legal there. I suspect, and pray, that CZ will soon release a civilian non-NFA model. It seems it would be pretty easy to give it a 16" barrel with faux suppressor sleeve. It'll be the perfect SBR candidate, and if I'm able to get one I'll have to get a suppressor for it as well.

So am I the only one who can't wait to get one of these?

I contacted CZ the day after I heard of it and got this response:

We are working on a civilian version, but estimates I’ve heard put it at 2017 before we could release it. Most likely it will be a 16” version with a little longer forend.
The .22 version we haven’t talked much about, we’ll have to bounce that idea around.
Thanks!
Zach Hein

Fast forward 10mo, I followed up to see if there had been any updates:

Jerz,

Nothing concrete that I can tell you, but we are exploring options with the ATF at the moment about importing some sooner. If that is able to go forward, we’ll make it known.

Thanks!

Zach Hein

I'm extremely excited to hear that they're actively working to get this thing to market in the US sooner rather than later! Feel free to share if you have any other info.

Link Posted: 6/5/2013 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If I had to guess I'd say it wont be imported. Cuz if I was some random guy in a gun shop and saw that gun with a 16" barrel in a store I'd be like, "That gun looks like Amy Winehouse?"(The dead crack whore) Meaning it would be too ugly and thus too much of a nich maket and CZ will figure out they won't make enough money. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Seriously? You think it's ugly? That's the first I've seen someone say they didn't like it. I think it looks like a SMG version of an ACR.

Honestly it's not meant to appeal to the masses. CZ is kind of a niche company anyway. Sure they'll import/release them with 16" barrels or a perm fake suppressor but we know that it's really meant to be an SBR anyway. I'll SBR that thing almost immediately.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Seriously? You think it's ugly? That's the first I've seen someone say they didn't like it. I think it looks like a SMG version of an ACR.

Honestly it's not meant to appeal to the masses. CZ is kind of a niche company anyway. Sure they'll import/release them with 16" barrels or a perm fake suppressor but we know that it's really meant to be an SBR anyway. I'll SBR that thing almost immediately.

I dont think its ugly, but avarage gun buying Joe will think it is with the 16" barrel on it. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think its ugly, but avarage gun buying Joe will think it is with the 16" barrel on it. DannerTrax

Gotcha. I bet they put a faux suppressor on it to make it so that it doesn't look like the obomination of a gun that those uzi rifles are.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
They should just import he SBRs if that is even possible
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Put my name on the list to get one.1) I love CZ's....all fine products, 2) I love 9mm carbines. There you go!  Its a thing of great beauty, no more talk about it being Ugly!
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Put my name on the list to get one.1) I love CZ's....all fine products, 2) I love 9mm carbines. There you go!  Its a thing of great beauty, no more talk about it being Ugly!

Agreed. I want one of these so bad, as long as it's not overpriced like the Sig MPX, I'll do my best to get the first one in the states! Hopefully they'll import/offer a factory SBR, but I'll gladly F1 one. Of course I'll be forced to pick up a 9mm can too
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd buy one, provided it wasn't $2k+ and mags weren't $100+.

Their best bet would be to ditch the fake can/extended barrel, And just bring em in pistol style.

Just like arsenal did with the 106 pistol, I think that also gets them around 922r, as well as all the rest of the assault rifle/sporting clause crap.

Then leave it up to the masses to keep it a pistol, extend barrel and add the stock, or SBR and add the stock.

Plus they could gouge us on the stock assembly, more revenue for them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#9]
they can't import it as is in Semi configuration. The sig MPX is pretty darn close to this thing. You know CZ is going to be pricing it pretty steep. I'ld just get the sig.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
they can't import it as is in Semi configuration. The sig MPX is pretty darn close to this thing. You know CZ is going to be pricing it pretty steep. I'ld just get the sig.

Why not? Also, they should be able to simply build it in the US under the CZ-USA brand and avoid all of the 922r crap. Agreed, the MPX is pretty close, but at $2k+ and $70 mags, meh. I also like the more modern and flowing design of the Evo 3 compared to the choppy AR-MP5 hybrid of the MPX. Also, not a fan of the gas piston, but that's a minor personal thing.

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Jerz,

Nothing concrete that I can tell you, but we are exploring options with the ATF at the moment about importing some sooner. If that is able to go forward, we’ll make it known.

Thanks!

Zach Hein

So basically he told you "2017....but possibly sooner....nothing concrete"........

CZ has been consistently back ordered on their pistols from 6 - 12 months for the last several years...what makes me think they are going to bring this in with any type of haste?

With as long as I have been waiting on the Beretta ARX and their "soon", I will not be saving money in anticipation of either.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Jerz,

Thanks!

Zach Hein

So basically he told you "2017....but possibly sooner....nothing concrete"........

CZ has been consistently back ordered on their pistols from 6 - 12 months for the last several years...what makes me think they are going to bring this in with any type of haste?

With as long as I have been waiting on the Beretta ARX and their "soon", I will not be saving money in anticipation of either.

The pistols have started coming back, but only this week, and in spurts. They need to build a factory here, urgently. I'll buy stock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Saving the dream from the archives
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, its a dream. CZ has made a beautiful piece with this thing. I want....I lust......You know you do too!  And, with CZ the pricing would be so much better than Sig who prides themselves on being out of reach of the average Joe.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Well we get them over here (EU) so a semi version does exist, and I happen to have one.

They're pretty great.

This mine with a 20 round mag and a TROY VFG. I have since replaced the standard sights with magpul MBUS, added an AFG and a Vortex spark red dot.

Waiting on 30 round mags to take updated pictures.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Pistol caliber

Too big to conceal

Not full auto

Fail
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pistol caliber

Too big to conceal

Not full auto

Fail
View Quote

Nope.....its a PCC and its beautiful........it Passes!   (you just don't get it...)
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nope.....its a PCC and its beautiful........it Passes!   (you just don't get it...)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pistol caliber

Too big to conceal

Not full auto

Fail

Exactly!

Pistol caliber is the whole point here. Not trying to conceal it, nor would I an MP5. I'm no SOT or exempt person so FA is pointless. HOWEVER, you can get the FA version here if you can own post-86's.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pistol caliber

Too big to conceal

Not full auto

Fail

Exactly!

Pistol caliber is the whole point here. Not trying to conceal it, nor would I an MP5. I'm no SOT or exempt person so FA is pointless. HOWEVER, you can get the FA version here if you can own post-86's.

Individual cant own a post 86 anyway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I had to guess I'd say it wont be imported. Cuz if I was some random guy in a gun shop and saw that gun with a 16" barrel in a store I'd be like, "That gun looks like Amy Winehouse?"(The dead crack whore) Meaning it would be too ugly and thus too much of a nich maket and CZ will figure out they won't make enough money. DannerTrax
View Quote

Most guys buy a 9mm carbine with a 16" barrel so he can file SBR paperwork and chop it down.  The fact that it comes in with a 16" barrel is simply to get it in country and make it a quick sale over the counter.

If your reasoning made sense then you would never have seen 16" MKE HK MP5 clones, or the SIG MPX, or the Taurus 9mm carbine being imported, yet all of them are being imported.

Link Posted: 10/6/2013 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pistol caliber

Too big to conceal

Not full auto

Fail
View Quote

I always wonder why guys who post stuff like this even bother to come into the Pistol Caliber Carbine forum.  It is like going into a topless bar and complaining they aren't fully nude- it said right on the door what it was!
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
NFA=non-importable. No SBR's are coming in ever!

"Assault rifles"=non-importable.

Only way it's coming is as a pistol or some God-awful abomination with proprietary 10rd mags and a long barrel (like the MKE carbines).

You guys need to bone up on your import reg. knowledge.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I always wonder why guys who post stuff like this even bother to come into the Pistol Caliber Carbine forum.  It is like going into a topless bar and complaining they aren't fully nude- it said right on the door what it was!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pistol caliber

Too big to conceal

Not full auto

Fail

Huh, I didn't even know there was a separate forum.  Just looking at posts, don't care what forum they're in.

Just seems if you're going to get something like that you may as well just get a rifle though.  Rather than the worst of both.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Pistol caliber
Too big to conceal
Not full auto
Fail
View Quote
It really is amazing the amount of people who come into the Pistol Caliber Carbine forum and talk shit about them being Pistol Caliber not FA or the barrels to long and so on.

Link Posted: 10/7/2013 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
NFA=non-importable. No SBR's are coming in ever!

"Assault rifles"=non-importable.

Only way it's coming is as a pistol or some God-awful abomination with proprietary 10rd mags and a long barrel (like the MKE carbines).

You guys need to bone up on your import reg. knowledge.
View Quote

As mentioned above, CZ is in the unique position of having a US arm, CZ-USA, who could simply be licensed to build the PCC stateside. This would make any import laws/hurtles a moot point. Obviously they have to believe there will be adequate volume in the US to warrant setting up a production line.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I have been thinking of getting into a PCC, but know nothing about them? was leaning towards a dedicated 9mm ar to build............................until i saw this I would buy this in a heartbeat! as a pistol, so when Michigan pulls it's head out of their asses and let's us get SBR's(looking good so far) all i would have to do is slap a stock on it and be done with it!   EDIT: of course after i get my stamp for it! lol....................and a suppressor and....................lol
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I have an old style Scorpion (VZ61) SBR and would love to have the new designed Scorpion as a big brother.

MadDog

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Just found out about these....they look spectacular. I want one verrry bad.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd even settle for them to build one in .22 (easier to import) kind of like ATI. Make one with a pinned stock and short barrel, sell that version as a pistol. Make a folding stock with a fake can 16" barrel.

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Scorpion for gun unfriendly countries.
barrels:
430mm/17"
330mm/13"
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Meh, looks a little too chunky for what it is. Reminds me of that piece Taurus put out earlier. I'm not equating CZ with Taurus because CZ is awesome. That said this particular firearm is a pig.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I see potential
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I see potential
View Quote
So do I.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#35]
It will be pretty easy to SBR - pistol grip and stock are removable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I like it actually, looks a lot cooler than I thought it would as a import friendly version.
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Hand guard is a little chunky but I would like to see it in person.

Gimme the short hand hard with a 16" barrel
For 600$
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://img14.rajce.idnes.cz/d1402/9/9194/9194598_50efcc039df1f6f3d2baedfaac0c5afe/images/24012012979_1.jpg?ver=0
barrels:
430mm/17"
330mm/13"
View Quote

Hey lets make it look like that pos hk ump which didnt sell for shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://img14.rajce.idnes.cz/d1402/9/9194/9194598_50efcc039df1f6f3d2baedfaac0c5afe/images/24012012979_1.jpg?ver=0
barrels:
430mm/17"
330mm/13"

Yup that's what I thought initially too. Thankfully the UMP is easily converted and this looks like it will be too.

I'm glad to see some progress on getting it in the US, though I think these versions look like junk compared to the real deal. As said before, I'll gladly sign up for the first one to the US, start my NFA paper work (if I still can w their new rules) and swap the grip/stock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 4:04:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well we get them over here (EU) so a semi version does exist, and I happen to have one.

They're pretty great.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/RF11/DSC02224.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/RF11/DSC02257.jpg

This mine with a 20 round mag and a TROY VFG. I have since replaced the standard sights with magpul MBUS, added an AFG and a Vortex spark red dot.

Waiting on 30 round mags to take updated pictures.
View Quote

Question for you, do you know who makes that front sight?
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 12:51:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The rear sight is made by LPA but the front one is unmarked
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. It kind of resembles the FS2000's front sight, but has a slightly different profile to it from what I can tell on the pictures. Was kind of interested in using a similar sight set on my AXR.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks. It kind of resembles the FS2000's front sight, but has a slightly different profile to it from what I can tell on the pictures. Was kind of interested in using a similar sight set on my AXR.
View Quote

here is a close up pic of the front sight

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks.

Obviously the front sight blade is a good deal different than the FS2K's. Might have to contact them about it.

ETA: Extremely jealous by the way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
barrels:
430mm/17"
330mm/13"
View Quote

I'd buy one of those if it was available.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 1:25:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thanks.

Obviously the front sight blade is a good deal different than the FS2K's. Might have to contact them about it.

ETA: Extremely jealous by the way.
View Quote

even if it's unmarked is very similar to the front sights made by LPA but I couldn't find the picatinny version on their website
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Would buy very quickly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#48]
No news update a couple weeks ago:

We’re still working with the ATF, it’s just slow going. Things are still plodding along, so hopefully our submission will be approved and we’ll get the go-ahead to start bringing them in. That’s at least a year out still, on the short side.
View Quote

Keeping the dream alive (and this thread from going into the archives )!

ETA 7/11/14: I guess I'll let this thread die since I'm not seeing much of a future here...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top