Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2011 4:47:31 PM EDT
Title says it all. Any reviews on the UZI made by CAI?
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine runs great. Just got the SBR paperwork back, so the barrels off to be shortened right now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one and I think I got lucky. It runs great, never jammed with any kind of ammo I tried. It only has about 400 rounds yet.  Finish wasnt too bad.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine works as well . No problems
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Many thanks. I was looking into getting one and SBRing it. I do wish they made them in .45.
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Title says it all. Any reviews on the UZI made by CAI?

Sounds like every one that has replied , has one that works .

My advice is , unless Century's workmanship has improved ( an it may have ? ) , be very , very , very careful when buying a gun put together by Century .

Out of 3 I have had hands on experience with , one has run correctly .  It was bought known good from a friend .

God bless
Wyr
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Same here. I've had a lot of experience with Century guns in the past. I currently have a perfect running WASR 10 and a Yugo M70. In the past I have had a FAL which I had to get rid of thanks to Century quality but other than that I have been lucky.My latest purchase from Century is a AK74 Bulgarian. No issues and runs great. Although the furniture was total crap. Some KVAR Bulgarian poly took care of that.

The UZI I think will be the next in the list of Century guns to test ones luck out on.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
you all need to check the restrictor ring inside the reciever so see if the bolt is peening it over, thats what happened with mine. But I got one when they 1st came out... Got a vector instead
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
why would you ever SBR anything made by century when there are so many other alternatives available?  6 months ago you could get IMI guns for under $1k although they seem to have gone up a bit.  But you can always get Vectors for around $750.

Personally, an SBR UZI is still to big for what it is.  Get a mini or even better, a micro if you can scrounge the parts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#10]
The way I understand it is that Century does not in fact make any or at least most of these rifles but rather contracts them out to be built by others. That is why the large variation in quality of Century guns, have you heard anybody say their Yugos don't run?

Sure, you are limited by the parts that Century sends you I mean you can't polish a turd, but some will be good (Yugos) and some will be bad (Tantals). The Uzi is really a pretty simple design and I would think pretty hard to screw up but when I went looking I stumbled into a factory SBR Vector on the EE for $800 so I went that route since I was going to SBR it anyway. I would give the Century a try but what do I know...I had a Norinco too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I only get NFA items I intend to keep forever...  I tracked down a real sterling to replace the wiselite.  Even though wiselite built it, it still has its fair share of issues.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Is Vector still around? I had one a while back and regret selling it and am wanting another.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#13]
There was a guy on Sterm that was selling carbines for $700 but I don't know if he still has them or a link for them. I think I might have his e-mail and can forward you his info if you would like.

Mine is a factory SBR that was NIB that I picked up from a guy on the EE. You can check Atlantic Firearms as well. I know I ordered parts from Vector a while back but I'm not sure if they are still making complete guns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]
The one I handled didn't look so hot.  Finish wasn't quite there.  Taking the barrel nut off and removing the barrel let the barrel nut catch and spring fall out in my hand.  Should be held captive.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Pics........................................................

Muzzle brake

Silencer

And my boy trying it on his shoulder

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#16]
What is involved with making an Uzi SBR? Could some one please tell me. I have a AOW (Serbu Super Shorty) but now I'd like an SBR.

Oh to the OP.

Uncle Ted TSOTW

Seems to work with Corbon DPX.

The question is why would anyone want one? They retail for $999. Vector Arms retails for about $845. For that $155 you can buy a lot of magazines.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What is involved with making an Uzi SBR? Could some one please tell me. I have a AOW (Serbu Super Shorty) but now I'd like an SBR.

Oh to the OP.

Uncle Ted TSOTW

The question is why would anyone want one? They retail for $999. Vector Arms retails for about $845. For that $155 you can buy a lot of magazines.

Fuck...

Now I really want an Uzi
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Teach that kid some trigger discipline.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#19]
^^^^^ I was thinking of the same thing.  Just didn't want to say it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#20]
He wanted to dry fire it, so yeah he's pulling the trigger aiming at a box. Under strick supervision, he even checked the chamber himself prior to trying it. Lighten up people.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Real easy, do the Form 1 paperwork. Send the receiver out to be engraved. When the paperwork comes back, send out the barrel to be shortened. Assemble it. You only need to decide if you want it classic pattern unthreaded 10.2 inch barrel with or wothout threads, or like mine shortened to the nut and threaded.

Quoted:

Oh to the OP.

Uncle Ted TSOTW

Link Posted: 7/22/2011 2:58:10 AM EDT
[#22]
can you take the barrel off the UZI like on the IMI A and B models?
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yup just unscrew the barrel retaining nut and the barrel pulls out.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2011 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup just unscrew the barrel retaining nut and the barrel pulls out.  

Awesome, hell I'd just buy a new barrel for SBR then
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 1:51:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Real easy, do the Form 1 paperwork. Send the receiver out to be engraved. When the paperwork comes back, send out the barrel to be shortened. Assemble it. You only need to decide if you want it classic pattern unthreaded 10.2 inch barrel with or wothout threads, or like mine shortened to the nut and threaded.

The form 1 paperwork looks even more simple than my first AOW. Speaking of paperwork, I called the Pittsburgh ATFE office and asked for the proper paperwork to SBR. It showed up in ONE day! Called on a Tuesday, received it WEDNESDAY.  BTW, it's nice to know the Sheriff will sign the paperwork. Do you need to send the barrel out to be shortened, or can you just buy the shorter barrel that many people sell and put it on? Engraving? What's involved? I'm in the middle of PA and don't know of anyone who does this. Of course I could look it up in the phone book or google it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 1:59:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Back in the day, I just ordered a Bushmaster 10.3in barrel so all I did was submit my paperwork, then drop the new barrel in.  It was already machined to be used with the semi-auto restrictor ring.

As for the engraving, I used Orion and they marked it on the bottom of the receiver where the stock folds up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:44:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Luckily there are a few companies out there making Uzi barrels for semi auto guns. Green Mountain is one of them. If I'm not mistaken, the only difference is where the barrel slips into the trunion, right? The trunion has a slightly bigger hole on the full auto gun as opposed to the semi.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes, that is correct.  And, there is the feed ramp/barrel restrictor ring there to prevent insertion of the unmodified SMG barrel.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Back in the day, I just ordered a Bushmaster 10.3in barrel so all I did was submit my paperwork, then drop the new barrel in.  It was already machined to be used with the semi-auto restrictor ring.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/GreenvilleRoute/Assault%20Rifles/060308001.jpg

As for the engraving, I used Orion and they marked it on the bottom of the receiver where the stock folds up.

Now, this I like. Have been a fan of the Uzi since the Six-Day war in June of '67. ( I passed through Cairo four months after it was over and spent time in the Middle East then)  Always a cool looking and obviously efficent firearm. I never cottoned to the long barreled versions we have available here now. But this baby looks proper....as an Uzi should. An IMI is my choice.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Why go through all the trouble of buying a Century, doing a form 1, engraving it, finding a barrel or cutting one down; when you could just buy a Vector Uzi factory sbr and only have to worry about the Form 4? Vector has been in the business awhile too with a good reputation. I know it's not all the same people anymore, but they still do good work on their Uzi variations. Just a thought of you don't want your name and location engraved on your Uzi
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Many thanks. I was looking into getting one and SBRing it. I do wish they made them in .45.

Vector makes them in .45, they have them for sale on the Atlantic Firearms website
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Buy a Vector.   go to Sturmgewehr,  a dealer has them for 689+sh.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#33]
I picked up a Vector Uzi pistol and just added the folding stock for $15.00 AFTER my form 1 came back.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#34]
I got a Century about 10 months ago, mine runs great have about 1000 rounds through it with out issue.  There are some odd things I have noticed that may or may not occur on a better made clone like a vector:

- The spring loaded tab that bears on the barrel retaining nut falls right out of the gun during dis assembly

- when hand cycling a loaded round out of the chamber it sometimes ejects, some times falls off the bolt face and boggles around inside the gun, requiring the gun be tipped and shook to get it out of the ejection port.  The gun ejects fine while firing.

If I had to do it over again, I would go with a Vector,  seems no one has had issues with Vector guns, and enough have had problems with the century guns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Imagine that.  An owner finding the exact problem I stated on inspecting a new century.  The barrel nut retaining lever is not held captive and falls out.

Get a Vector, or if you can find one an IMI.

Maybe you can find a Norinco for a decent price too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Imagine that.  An owner finding the exact problem I stated on inspecting a new century.  The barrel nut retaining lever is not held captive and falls out.

Get a Vector, or if you can find one an IMI.

Maybe you can find a Norinco for a decent price too.

wow its just falls out you have to be kidding right .

Link Posted: 10/8/2011 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Just picked up anopther UZI not long ago.  Vector for $575.  

Very happy with it.  Submitting the SBR papers soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top