Site Notices
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC
Dealer
  • Joined Feb 2006
  • Posts 2679
  • EE 100% (30)
USA MN, USA
Posted: 2/16/2011 7:36:25 AM EST
Yes, our parts are tight, we did that on purpose.

I opened this thread an hour ago, fainted hit my head and now Im awake again but drooling all over the place. "kalahnikid"
Registered Loser
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2003
  • Posts 3423
  • EE 100% (20)
USA ID, USA
Military
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 3:30:03 PM EST
Mike,

I am currently building a Post Sample on your reciever. I think I may have some information for you.

When I was test fitting my front trunnion today I noticed that the slots in the NDS reciever for welding did not sit centered on the welding pad of the front trunnion. It's only noticable on the rear slots, the front slots are centered on there welding pads. The rears end up over the necked down portion of the trunnion and could be hard to weld for some. I was going to drill a couple holes behind the NDS Slots and use those for my rear welds. I can post some pictures for you tomorrow if that helps. I have already left the shop so i don't have the parts in front of me.

I wonder if this is a variation in front trunnions??

Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC
Dealer
  • Joined Feb 2006
  • Posts 2708
  • EE 100% (30)
USA MN, USA
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 7:34:04 AM EST

I opened this thread an hour ago, fainted hit my head and now Im awake again but drooling all over the place. "kalahnikid"
Registered Loser
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2003
  • Posts 3452
  • EE 100% (20)
USA ID, USA
Military
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 6:53:38 PM EST
I am using a demilled kit, its an IMI IDF ara kit.

Here are some pics for ya.

I already welded the kit togeather with a fat MIG weld instead of the TIG. I don't think shes coming out! But as you can see, pad placement is a little off on my build/kit.

Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC
Dealer
  • Joined Feb 2006
  • Posts 2711
  • EE 100% (30)
USA MN, USA
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 9:12:45 AM EST

Registered Loser
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2003
  • Posts 3454
  • EE 100% (20)
USA ID, USA
Military
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 4:17:50 PM EST
No problem! Thanks for a steller product!

ALLAH HATES THEM TOO!!!
Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2007
  • Posts 1796
  • EE 100% (9)
USA LA, USA
Military
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 12:16:01 AM EST
I noticed the trunnion holes also. I milled a block to hold the receiver in my mill vise so I could open the holes (I have a few to weld). I use MIG so I need a little extra playing room but the holes don't quite match my semi or SMG trunnions.

Another thing I noticed, the sling swivel mount is too high on the receiver. I've got a fix in mind for my receivers but the "average joe" will most likely end up having to notch the top cover slightly for a proper fit.

Those issues are pretty easy to overcome. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the receivers. I've seen a couple of Group Industries receivers that should have been on the bottom of a rocking chair. Bowed .100"-.140" in the middle. If you know the Uzi, you'll know the problems that creates.

Danbaum: Let's be gentlemen. -After the liberal anti-gun writer calls us dickheads.

WinstonSmith: You got the wrooooooooooooong muthafuckin website hombre.[img]icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC
Dealer
  • Joined Feb 2006
  • Posts 2729
  • EE 100% (30)
USA MN, USA
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:09:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 6:11:07 AM EST by mike_nds]

WECSOG Instructor
Gold
  • Joined May 2003
  • Posts 2895
  • EE 100% (4)
USA WA, USA
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 8:20:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/18/2011 8:21:48 AM EST by Ductapeman]
Do you have any new info (or a good guess) when your semi bolts and strikers will be available? If we buy a receiver now, before they are available, will we still be eligible for the discount the website mentions for purchase together with a receiver? (Yes, I'm cheap, it's a character flaw, I know . . . )

ETA: Can't wait to get my grubby paws on one of these!
Just because it stopped smoking doesn't mean you can pick it up. --FotBR

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs." --Marcello Truzzi
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC
Dealer
  • Joined Feb 2006
  • Posts 2761
  • EE 100% (30)
USA MN, USA
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 3:02:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/25/2011 3:10:29 AM EST by mike_nds]