Site Notices
7/23/2014 4:06:00 PM
Author
Posted: 1/23/2011 5:56:43 PM
Can't seem to find one of these anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Any help is appreciated.
eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2011 6:05:57 PM
Blue Force Gear used to offer their BTFP (better than factory plastic) sight but have ceased production of it. I am unaware of others on the market. You might ask over at the ktog.org forums.
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson
AJ_Dual
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2011 12:18:02 AM
Go over to KTOG, people have retrofitted AK FSB's, and have also used HiPoint carbine front sights too.
Omnis vestri substructio es servus ad noris.
theal
Resident Naysayer and general Voice Of Doom
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2011 9:53:56 AM
Well, my trick was to get some aircraft frame aluminium and cut it into the shape of the front site post, but that's not an option for everyone
I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions for which I will regret learning the answers.

Your problems are utterly alien to me. It's like a bear complaining to a shark that its knees hurt.
MtBiker
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2011 9:55:33 AM
do you want a replacement or repair? KT is really good about fixing things.
The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness. “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”
BIG_PAPA
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2011 9:58:51 AM
I love my Blue Force Gear BTFP better than factory plastic sight but they don't make them anymore. They did one last run of 100 a year or so ago and had a hard time selling all of them. I think it is one of those things that people want, but it is such a low volume it is not worth it for anyone to mass produce.
The danger is not Barack Obama but those who elected him. It will be easier to undo the follies of Obama than to restore good judgment to the masses. We can survive Obama, who is merely a fool. We are less likely to survive the fools who support him.
scottie_mac
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2011 1:07:14 PM
I'm looking to replace, not repair. I really like the idea of it using an AR15 sight post, so I can change it out for something with better visibility.
pirate63
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/25/2011 4:38:53 PM
Its a shame Blueforce stopped making the BTFP front sight. It is a quality replacement for the weakest problem part with the S2K IMO.

FULLMAGTAP
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/25/2011 10:34:58 PM
Doesn't look as if the Blue Force sight has windage. If not how do you adjust it.
Thanks
Dawg180
Student of the Assault Rifle
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/26/2011 9:55:21 PM
Originally Posted By BIG_PAPA:
I love my Blue Force Gear BTFP better than factory plastic sight but they don't make them anymore. They did one last run of 100 a year or so ago and had a hard time selling all of them. I think it is one of those things that people want, but it is such a low volume it is not worth it for anyone to mass produce.

What was there price point?
"I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."
Tekpc007
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/27/2011 7:08:16 PM
Originally Posted By Dawg180:

119$ i think , they were contacted recenty by a guy on ktog and they said they would do a run of 50 sights for 5k$ prepaid ...The HP carbine front sight works too , or get the kel tec quad rail and throw some mbus on it

Guns and Women, I love the smell of both.
But one gets you into trouble and the other gets you out.
Dawg180
Student of the Assault Rifle
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/27/2011 8:22:42 PM
Originally Posted By Tekpc007:
Originally Posted By Dawg180:

119$ i think , they were contacted recenty by a guy on ktog and they said they would do a run of 50 sights for 5k$ prepaid ...The HP carbine front sight works too , or get the kel tec quad rail and throw some mbus on it

I can tell you the problem right there- the price point was way too high compared to the price of the rifle, almost 1/3 the cost of a new Sub 2000.

Hmm...
"I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."