Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 9:37:56 PM EDT
I need a front sight tall enough to be even with or taller than a silencer.  I'd like a fiber optic sight.  The rifle is a braztech import with round barrel, the front sight that came on it is about 0.44 inch tall.  

I read somewhere that rossis have dovetails smaller than a standard 3/8, is that accurate?  

Any of the available fiber optic sights better than others?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about fiber optic sights but I used XS ghost ring sights on my gun and they work great.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]
How visible is that front sight in low light?  How high above the silencer are they?  

I like that rear sight, does it hold adjustment well?  I was considering the peep sight that replaces the safety.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Dunno, I only shoot during the day but can see over my suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
So now this is silent Rossi thread?  

https://imgur.com/a/ZpfHX

I was going to go SBR, but you lose so much capacity!  I managed to make an S-bend in a magazine tube and a follower to work.  I'm going to cut my barrel and put a shroud on to keep it legal length, and cut most of the shroud away except for the bottom that the magazine tube will attach to.  Only thing left to make is some sort of forearm.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was going to go SBR, but you lose so much capacity!  I managed to make an S-bend in a magazine tube and a follower to work.  I'm going to cut my barrel and put a shroud on to keep it legal length, and cut most of the shroud away except for the bottom that the magazine tube will attach to.  Only thing left to make is some sort of forearm.
View Quote
Huh?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Huh?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?
What?

Any pictures.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Just a shroud like the sbx 10-22 barrels.  Makes barrel 16 inch and silencer fits inside it so the gun isn't so long with silencer attached.  

Problem is then you have to shorten the mag tube and loose capacity.  I managed to make a magazine tube with an S-bend in it that it feeds rounds and extends underneath the "shroud" so it still holds 8-9 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just a shroud like the sbx 10-22 barrels.  Makes barrel 16 inch and silencer fits inside it so the gun isn't so long with silencer attached.  

Problem is then you have to shorten the mag tube and loose capacity.  I managed to make a magazine tube with an S-bend in it that it feeds rounds and extends underneath the "shroud" so it still holds 8-9 rounds.
View Quote
Pics?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think we're envisioning a sharp S bend. Is it more similar to an AR15 gas tube?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#10]
If it's a newer production rifle from braztech it's a standard dovetail
I changed mine to a marbles fiber optic front a couple weeks ago
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes the bend is very slight, maybe 10-15 deg over about 5-6 inches.  It offsets enough to fit a shroud large enough for my hybrid to fit in.  

Good to know about the dovetail, I read online where they were not standard.  I ordered the tallest fiber optic Williams sight they make, tall enough to see over a hybrid.  0.57 inch and the stock is about 0.44 and flush with the top of a hybrid.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Ended up with the 0.57 inch tall Williams fiber optic sight.  It was loose in the dovetail, took two pieces of beer can to shim it to fit.  It also  is longer front to rear, so it hit the barrel band. Had to file the underside at an angle to clear the Barrel band.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#13]
OK what shroud?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top