Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2017 10:01:06 PM EDT
Is 500 a good price for an 1894  .44 mag Marlin?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but inspect it thoroughly before purchase. Remlins are garbage compared to JM rifles.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Just realized, that's before a 75 dollar rebate from Big Green.... 425 bucks.  Hrmn...
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just realized, that's before a 75 dollar rebate from Big Green.... 425 bucks.  Hrmn...
View Quote
That's a darn good deal, I love my 2015 model 1894 .44 mag, it's one of my favorite rifles. Garbage it aint.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a Marlin 1894 in 44mag, myself.  I've kicked myself for years that I sold an 1894 in 45LC years ago because I was so tired of paying for the expensive ammo.  It was the coolest gun I ever owned.  There is a myth about the quality of the old Marlins: I bought a new 1897 Texan (39A cousin) in 2005 that I had to send back to the factory twice because the ejector would not work reliably.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, but inspect it thoroughly before purchase. Some Remlins are garbage compared to some JM rifles.
View Quote
FIFY.

I agree that in general are a better gun, but there have been dogs with both markings... higher percentage of Remlin I'd wager, but just because it says JM doesn't mean it's perfect.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, but inspect it thoroughly before purchase. Remlins are garbage compared to JM rifles.
View Quote
The last two "Remlins" over the last 4 years have been fine and no where near garbage.  

But with any purchase one should look check out multiple examples of any brand if available.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FIFY.

I agree that in general are a better gun, but there have been dogs with both markings... higher percentage of Remlin I'd wager, but just because it says JM doesn't mean it's perfect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, but inspect it thoroughly before purchase. Some Remlins are garbage compared to some JM rifles.
FIFY.

I agree with this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top