Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 9:42:38 AM EDT
Are any parts interchangeable between marlins, rossi's or henrys? Fer instance, springs or levers? I understand that parts can be found pretty easily fer most of them. I was just curious to see if there might be any common parts used that could be switched between them. I own a marlin right now, but lets say there is a place i can easily get parts fer a henry and i need a hammer spring fer my marlin. Fer the convience it would be easier to go to the place that has henry parts. Like i said, i am just curious as plenty of other guns have some type of parts that can be interchanged.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Rossis are copies of Winchesters.  Marlin is it's own brand.  Henry may be an 1866 copy, also not compatible w/ Marlin.  I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Most Henry centerfires are actually clones of the round-bolt Marlin action. I don't know about parts interchangeability, but the actions are functionally very similar with the exception of the Henry transfer bar safety versus the Marlin half-cock notch, I believe.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say for the most part no, that would be like asking if Chevy cylinder heads will fit on a Ford small block.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say for the most part no, that would be like asking if Chevy cylinder heads will fit on a Ford small block.
View Quote

Thats true about the cylinder heads. However, pistons, rods and rocker springs can all be used to and extent between the two depending on the type of engine build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top