Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2017 1:29:33 PM EDT
I recently stumbled across a 1959 Winchester 94 at my local hardware store.  The rifle looked to be in nice shape and was reasonably priced, so it came home with me.  After spending a bit of time cleaning and inspecting the rifle I have a question for those of you who are familiar with pre-64 Winchester 94s.  

Are the actions on the pre-64s stiffer then the newer models?  I have had several 80's vintage and still have a '72 vintage 94.  All of those seemed much easier to operate.  It seems when the Locking Bolt is being lifted into position behind the Breech Bolt, it requires noticeably more effort than I have had to use with my newer 94s.

Any thoughts or observations would be appreciated.

Apologies for the lousy iPhone picture...
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They are, especially when not worn in. You hit the jackpot with that rifle.  I have a 1954, and a 1969. The 54 is noticeably more stiff, even though it's had more use than the newer one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are, especially when not worn in. You hit the jackpot with that rifle.  I have a 1954, and a 1969. The 54 is noticeably more stiff, even though it's had more use than the newer one.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.  I feel even better about my latest $550 impulse gun purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top