Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2017 2:24:30 PM EDT
was wondering what you guys feel about threading an 1895 marlin with a JM barrel.   Would this be considered something you shouldnt do on an older marlin?   Threading for a suppressor.   I've wondered what the opinions might be on on doing something like this to a collectible.
wanted to start a conversation.  Pros, cons.
Might it decrease the value?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It would decrease the value to a collector but to the average person wanting a shooter I don't think it would matter much if the barrel threading was done right. If you don't plan on selling the gun I wouldn't worry about resale value and thread the barrel.  

What kind of Marlin is it, if it's a common model I wouldn't think twice about doing it. Now if it was a limited run model I wouldn't do it though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be an 1895
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I imagine you will get a warmer response here than you did on MO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I imagine you will get a warmer response here than you did on MO.
View Quote

Thats true.  I posted here first and didnt get anything.  So I went over there
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thats true.  I posted here first and didnt get anything.  So I went over there
View Quote

I used to frequent that site before the security breach scare when they changed everything, now I can't seem to get logged back in. Great bunch of people but they kind of frown on chopping up JM marlins for tactical accessories.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Ready to chop and thread my JM barrel to 16", fudds beware.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just curious.   What if a person had a ported barrel and threaded that barrel and put on a suppressor.  Evidently, the porting is to help maintain sighting for rapid shooting.  Wonder if the sound would be that much different from a non ported barrel and a suppressor.  I find quite a few ported barrels but am not sure about going with one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Threading forward of the porting?  That would be loud as hell even with a suppressor.  You would also get port blast on the rear mount and/or suppressor as well.   I had a couple of ported 1895s but sold them due to noise.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Threading forward of the porting?  That would be loud as hell even with a suppressor.  You would also get port blast on the rear mount and/or suppressor as well.   I had a couple of ported 1895s but sold them due to noise.  
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/kingstrider/gun%20stuff/1895GS%20pistol%204.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/kingstrider/gun%20stuff/IMG_7838_1.jpg
View Quote

Thought so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top