Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 10:48:35 AM EDT
Hi all,

My dad recently gave a Pre-64 Winchester 1894 (caliber is .32 Winchester Special) to me that was supposedly my grandfathers.  The SN is 1,133,XXX and according to the Winchester SN data available online it was produced in 1940.  Here are a three quick photos I took the other day.  

What do you think this is worth?  Any other interesting facts regarding these rifles?

I'm going to give it a good cleaning, verify everything is in good working order, and purchase some .32 WS ammunition.  Can't wait to get out and shoot it when I get some time.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Your photos did not show up. But I can say the model 94 in .32 Win Spl are not rare.
And most people would rather it be chamberd in 30/30.
That said there is nothing wrong with your gun or that cartrage.
Price it as if it were a 30/30. Then shoot it and enjoy it.
Oh and start reloading for it : )

Edit: found your photos. Looks clean. I'd say $400.00ish
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Your rifle was manufactured in 1937 not 1940. I think considering condition and caliber probably worth in the neighborhood of $500-600. Pre-64 is good, pre-war is even better.

Most, if not all, online serial number databases have been proven to be off by a couple of years because the data they relied on was not correct. Winchester researchers have determined that the polishing room records are more accurate than the old Madis numbers. As such they have been trying to get the polishing room serial number application data used as the be all end all that ATF and online databases utilize.

http://winchestercollector.org/dates/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top