Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2016 1:40:45 AM EDT
I finger fiddled a Remlin 336 yesterday. My observations of it; bead blast flat matte blue finish is smooth and even. I would prefer polished blue. Exterior machine work is on par with Marlin 336 circa 1965. I have no idea what the insides looked like. Wood was machined on par with Marlin 336 circa 1985  but grain, stain and top coat are on the plain side. Wood to metal fit was very good I.E. circa 1965, 1985. No idea of accuracy, I was only looking to look.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I had looked at an 1894 cowboy last week.. and was surprised how poor the wood fit was (loose forearm.. huge gap..), but, I dont know how long its been sitting there. I've heard rumors that they have turned a corner on quality...
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless it's a Henry,  I've been buying used.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top