Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2016 4:03:21 PM EDT
As far as I know, the only people actually currently manufacture Winchester 1892 clones are Miroku, Chiappa, and Rossi.

All other brands, I believe, are actually made by one of these. Which other brands (Taylor's, etc.) are made by Rossi?

From long experience in the manufacture of precision parts, I can tell you that if I make the same part for 2 companies for them to private brand, the quality will not necessarily be the same. If one demands very tight tolerances and very fine finish specs, manufacture will have to be run more slowly and cost me more and I will charge them accordingly. If the other customer specifies slightly less tight tolerances and slightly less strenuous finish requirements, then I can run my operation faster and more economically. So if 4 companies are private branding and selling Rossi 1892 Winchester clones, they aren't necessarily of equal quality.

Of the brands of 1892 clones made by Rossi, which have the most consistent quality? .
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that currently, the only Rossi labeled guns are Rossi guns.
Chiappa, Cimarron, & Taylors, etc are all made by Chiappa/ ArmiSport, and of course, the Winchester labeled guns are made by Miroku.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Karl,

I didn't realize they had cut ties with other importers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top