Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2016 2:02:40 PM EDT
Just wanted to share as these were all my great granddads. My aunt and uncle are in town visiting my parents, so I went over there to have dinner with them all. We talked a lot about family history and they had never seen these rifles so we got them out! Top is a Savage Model 99 in 30-30 from 1927, middle is a Winchester Model 1894 in 30-30 from 1920, and the bottom is a Winchester Model 1892 in 25-20 from 1915. The 25-20 is my favorite!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!  I am a huge fan of the 25-20. Mine is pretty much the same rifle, but has been refinished.  It may not be the fastest and flattest, but it's a sweet little round.  If you have any interest in ever reloading for it, the Speer 75gr hotcore FPs are currently out there on the streets, and they don't turn up very often at all.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool!  I am a huge fan of the 25-20. Mine is pretty much the same rifle, but has been refinished.  It may not be the fastest and flattest, but it's a sweet little round.  If you have any interest in ever reloading for it, the Speer 75gr hotcore FPs are currently out there on the streets, and they don't turn up very often at all.  
View Quote

I've thought about it. Ammo isn't cheap for it, that's for sure. We don't shoot them much, but will take them out every so often. I've thought about taking it hunting here as a lot of the places we hunt deer and elk only have 50-100 yard shooting lanes. Thanks for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top