Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2016 10:25:22 AM EDT
I ordered a set of XS sights for my Rossi 92 in .45lc. When they arrived the front sight has a large gap between the bottom of the sight and the top of the barrel.

I called XS directly and Gary, was very helpful but he said there is nothing they have that is different and they can not help me.

So my options are credit, return to me or send me a different set for a different gun in hopes of getting something that fits a bit closer (no guarantee)

I really like the XS sights but it looks like that's not going to work out for this gun. Ive been through all the websites for different sights and the XS looks about perfect for my needs.

I was thinking of silver soldering or JB weld under the front sight after confirming zero to fill the gap. I'm going to Dura-Coat the gun anyway so I can disguise the "fix" pretty well if I do this.

I guess I'm just frustrated that the Rossi is not as popular for after market things as other brands.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a front sight from Steve for my .45/.454 20" round barrel Rossi and it fit perfectly.
Rossi's are popular for aftermarket accessories, you are just looking in the wrong places.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you ask Rossi if you could get a taller front sight from them?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe put an O ring under there? In case you ever want to change the sight it would be a less permanent solution than solder or JB weld.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used Williams front sights when I need a taller or shorter front sight on a Rossi Model 92.

No gap, and you have the option of different widths to fit the width of the dove tail.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that sight is for the octagon barreled Rossi rifle, not the carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top