Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 6:20:08 AM EDT
Every video review I can find on youtube has nothing but glowing recommendations for the Golden Boy.
But a recent thread on reddit had a lot of users bashing it for its quality.
What's the real answer?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
While I don't have a Golden Boy I do have a Steel Big Boy in .357 that is great. Action is smooth, shoots everything I put through it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I don't have a Golden Boy I do have a Steel Big Boy in .357 that is great. Action is smooth, shoots everything I put through it.
View Quote

I have a golden boy the Action is silk out of the box, trigger is great, sights are wonderful to pick up. I don't know what exactly why they are bashing it.. the wood grain is excellent the fit and finish is excellent. Of course they are going to use a zinc alloy.. its a .22lr.

I did buy mine 4-5 yrs ago.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My only gripe in handling the Golden Boy is, that the butt-stock seems really low compared to their regular model.  In other words, my cheek seems like it needs a pad or something, to get it up higher, in line with the bore
and sights.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My only gripe in handling the Golden Boy is, that the butt-stock seems really low compared to their regular model.  In other words, my cheek seems like it needs a pad or something, to get it up higher, in line with the bore
and sights.
View Quote

I had a .17hmr for one day and took it back for that reason. That's only the second gun in my life I have taken back. I got a frontier .17 instead. Quality is the same as other Henrys.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got the frontier model, blued with octagon barrel. thing is awesome, never had a hiccup,shorts, long, long rifle mix and match everything.Accurate, beautifully made. Love shooting it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I own a Golden Boy.....the quality is top notch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top