Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2016 6:50:11 PM EDT
After many years, probably 35, I have finally got my guide gun.  Now I want to install a mini red dot such as a Burris Fast Fire III, C-more or a Delta point.  I'd like to mount it as low on the receiver as possible probably not low enough to co-witness with the Iron sights but as low as I can get it.
I've seen where other's have added a rail and then the sight on top, I'm hoping to avoid the rail and mount the sight straight to the receiver.
Several of my pistols have red dot's installed this way so I'm hoping to find a base that will fit or have the receiver drilled.
Any Idea's from the folks here?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a Burris Fastfire mount for the receiver holes. it's as low as I can imagine any option, but I doubt it can co-witness. I am thinking of the same thing for my 1895. It's $45 or so. I have seen people mount them in the rear hole and the forward holes in the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That's exactly what I'm looking for.  I looked everywhere for that type of mount with no success.
Burris web site has a part number to what I think I want but I've been unable to find it for sale.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's exactly what I'm looking for.  I looked everywhere for that type of mount with no success.

Burris web site has a part number to what I think I want but I've been unable to find it for sale.
View Quote
http://www.amazon.com/Burris-FastFire-Reflex-Sight-Marlin/dp/B002AV09XK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464309560&sr=8-1&keywords=fastfire+mount+marlin

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to do this with my Henry Big Boy as well but there are so many options I'm not sure what to get.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I just happen to have a spare Bushnell TRS-25 that I haven't mounted on a rifle yet and just looking around I find this thread: Henry Big Boy .38/.357 with red dot from last year. I was just at Dick's Sporting Goods and grabbed a Weaver 63B rail as well as some .45 ACP and 9mm because it was on sale.

I think I know what I'm doing this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top