Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 1:21:41 PM EDT
Last weekend I went camping with a couple friends, one of whom captured this short video of my 1870s-style mag dump. The rifle is a Cimarron Firearms 1873 Sporting Rifle in .44-40, loaded with BP handloads. The ammo was Starline brass loaded with 35 grains of Goex 3Fg, bullet cast in an Accurate Molds 43-215C mold, and a Federal LPP.

It's just a few shots but you can see the smoke trailing from the ejected cases and coming out of the ejection port, and fire belching from the muzzle.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Love to shoot the Holy Black in my 1873 Uberti. Design of the action makes for easy cleaning afterward. Thanks for the pics.

p.s. now go do it again...............at night!!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Great video!! Somewhere, I have a video from last March of some friends and I shooting my Uberti 1866 Sporting Rifle in 44-40 at 326 yds. at a rock a little smaller than a mas torso. We were likewise shooting BP loads.
If someone can tell me how to post it, I'll do my best to find it!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
You need to be a team member in order to embed videos. However, you can upload your video to Youtube and post the link here.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
That's pretty awesome.  Great video
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top