Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2016 10:47:53 PM EDT
I had a 32 win special model 94 that I got from a favorite uncle before he died . The gun was bought right after WWII . Gun was stored for some time in a damp basement so the finish isn't perfect but it is a nice shooter and has the family connection .

I passed it on to my cousins daughter as it was her grandfathers gun and I thought she would like it plus her father is a screaming liberal so there will be fun in that whole thing .
This young woman is tough  but she is all of about 5ft and really needs a shorter stock . I just don't have the heart to chop the original . Her husband is slightly tall so I would expect if they have kids they would be normal size and could use the original stock.

I an looking for a buttstock that would fit this gun , hoping someone somehow has one laying around that they could part with for a reasonable amount .

I am not even sure if all 94s take the same stock ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells sells a unfinished kit if you can't find original wood. I think Boyds does also.

Edit was crossed up on stock maker.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]

I think pre 48's are different.... Not sure on this, but that date comes to mind.

Just looked on ebay. Places want 250 for them.  Some guys want $60

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think pre 48's are different.... Not sure on this, but that date comes to mind.

View Quote

64 is the changeover year I think.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I just wanted to throw that out there, so he knows.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Homestead has an  good selection of pre 63 Winchester parts, they're out of buttstocks at the moment, but if you need anything else they are a good source.

http://homesteadparts.com/shopcart/240/Winchester_1894.htm

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Sometimes I see a subject here and it interests me enough that I want to look on my own.  This is one of those times.

I found this company who sells partially finished stocks at reasonable prices. http://www.gunstocksinc.com/web_pages/Winchester-rifle-stocks.html

It was interesting looking at all the odds and ends page too.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The stocks did change is 1948. Around 1,520,000 serial no according to precision gun stocks where I got one from recently.

To do with the width of the top tang. I think you will fit an earlier one to a later gun if you file away some of the top of the rear stock.

If you fit a later stock to an earlier gun you will have crap looking gaps.

Incidentally, I can highly recommend precision gun stocks for their products and helpfulness :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top