Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2016 1:23:17 PM EDT
I have a new in box .44 Rossi 92 that I would like to suppress ... Is this even possible?

What parts would I need to physically make this happen?

FYI I have a suppressor so you don't need to explain how to acquire one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]

First, SBR it.  

Thread the barrel, cut the mag tube down to make room for the can while mounted, and move the mag tube clamp thingy (technical term) back.  Maybe move the front sight back too.

I've wanted to do something like that for a long time.  Keep us up to speed on this project.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a new in box .44 Rossi 92 that I would like to suppress ... Is this even possible?

What parts would I need to physically make this happen?

FYI I have a suppressor so you don't need to explain how to acquire one.
View Quote

Make sure you have the right adapter to thread the can on the rifle. IF you have a pistol can, the booster spring must be removed so threads don't get damaged when shooting.  Either make a spacer or see if your can's mfg offers a spacer for this application
http://www.advanced-armament.com/EVO-9ECO-9Ti-RANT-9-Fixed-Barrel-Spacer_p_492.html

Find a competent smith to thread the bbl, make a thread protector and shorten the tube. Once paid for and back home, hit the range, or an area with sufficient backstop for a road test.
Reload & repeat, Often.  I'm a major SBR fan. However for my lever (357) i kept it rifle length. This way it's a 50 state legal, take anywhere gun. It's also nice not needing a 5320.5 for interstate travel.  Bringing the suppressor with you (to states that allow NFA's , suppressors) really gets other shooters attention, when you twist the can on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top