Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 11:21:25 AM EDT
Probably a stupid question but I see quite a few of these around $2-250 (fill me in if there is a better used option below 300) and wanted to pick one up for hog hunting (impulse buy really)...

We have a 4rd mag restriction for centerfire here in FL.. Is there a magazine capacity plug for these (I assume they feed like a shotgun but I am new to levers)? I know I can use a dowel on shotguns but I would rather pay the $10 for the plastic plug that fits perfect.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Probably a stupid question but I see quite a few of these around $2-250 (fill me in if there is a better used option below 300) and wanted to pick one up for hog hunting (impulse buy really)...

We have a 4rd mag restriction for centerfire here in FL.. Is there a magazine capacity plug for these (I assume they feed like a shotgun but I am new to levers)? I know I can use a dowel on shotguns but I would rather pay the $10 for the plastic plug that fits perfect.
View Quote

A lever action is not a semi-automatic and would not fall under this restriction

Prohibited methods and equipment for taking game
This document doesn’t address or advise persons as to local ordinances prohibiting the discharge of firearms or as to the validity of such ordinances.
Taking migratory game birds with a shotgun capable of holding more than three rounds (plugged)
Centerfire semi-automatic rifles having magazine capacities of more than five rounds

Nonexpanding full metal case (military ball) ammunition for taking deer and bears
Firearms using rimfire cartridges for taking deer and bears
Rifles or pistols for taking migratory game birds
Fully automatic firearms
Explosive or drug-injecting arrows
Taking or attempting to take game with live decoys, recorded game calls or sounds, set guns, artificial lights, nets, traps, snares, drugs or poisons
Shooting from vehicles, powerboats or sailboats moving under power. Motors must be shut off or sails furled, and the vessel’s progress must cease from such motor or sail before hunters may take game.
Herding or driving game with vehicles, boats or aircraft
Hunting turkeys and bears with dogs
Taking turkeys while they are on the roost
Taking migratory game birds over baited areas
Taking turkeys when the hunter is within 100 yards of a game-feeding station when feed is present
Taking bears when either the hunter or bear is within 100 yards of a game-feeding station when feed is present
Taking spotted fawn deer or swimming deer
Using bows equipped with sights or aiming devices with electronic computational capabilities or light projection (laser) features during any archery season
Using bows with draw weights less than 35 pounds
Using dogs without collars that identify the owners name and address
Using dogs on private lands without written landowner permission (see Statewide deer-dog registration in General Information)
Taking game with modern firearms while hunting during any archery, crossbow or muzzleloading gun season
Placing, exposing or distributing soporific, anesthetic, tranquilizer, hypnotic or similar drugs or chemicals; preparation by baits; or by other means where game birds or game animals may be affected, unless authorized by permit from the FWC executive director

http://myfwc.com/hunting/regulations/taking-game/

Good Luck on your search
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A lever action is not a semi-automatic and would not fall under this restriction

This document doesn’t address or advise persons as to local ordinances prohibiting the discharge of firearms or as to the validity of such ordinances.
Taking migratory game birds with a shotgun capable of holding more than three rounds (plugged)
Centerfire semi-automatic rifles having magazine capacities of more than five rounds

Nonexpanding full metal case (military ball) ammunition for taking deer and bears
Fully automatic firearms
Taking or attempting to take game with live decoys, recorded game calls or sounds, set guns, artificial lights, nets, traps, snares, drugs or poisons
Shooting from vehicles, powerboats or sailboats moving under power. Motors must be shut off or sails furled, and the vessel’s progress must cease from such motor or sail before hunters may take game.
Taking turkeys when the hunter is within 100 yards of a game-feeding station when feed is present
Taking bears when either the hunter or bear is within 100 yards of a game-feeding station when feed is present
Using bows equipped with sights or aiming devices with electronic computational capabilities or light projection (laser) features during any archery season
Using dogs on private lands without written landowner permission (see Statewide deer-dog registration in General Information)
Taking game with modern firearms while hunting during any archery, crossbow or muzzleloading gun season
Placing, exposing or distributing soporific, anesthetic, tranquilizer, hypnotic or similar drugs or chemicals; preparation by baits; or by other means where game birds or game animals may be affected, unless authorized by permit from the FWC executive director

Good Luck on your search
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fully automatic firearms

Good Luck on your search

Well, I'm an idiot, I guess I was going off the shotgun restriction

Good news though, if you didn't post that and someone actually posted a plug I probably would have bought one lol

Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top