Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2015 8:46:32 PM EDT
have an opportunity to purchase a pre safety marlin in 357 and the guy wants $800 does not seem like he will budge. is this way to much or is that about the going rate. comes with an older bushnell scope mounted gun is about a 95% overall condition. what do you all think?
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a lot of money, but I wouldn't sell mine for that.

They aren't making them any more, and they aren't going to get any cheaper.

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want one then you are going to pay unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
i offered him $775 we will see. i agree it is alot of money but you are right they will just go up from there better to bite it now i suppose.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds kind of stupid to me.

Hope the condition is near perfect.

They are nice guns but to me that is crazy.

Step up your hunt for another or just buy a Rossi .

I can't really fault the seller , I do believe some one will come along and pay the full price
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
that's a real bad deal, you need to retract your offer and send me your friend's contact info

can't go wrong with a real marlin and you will not regret it. $25 is nothing considering you don't need to pay an FFL for the xfer.

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
well i pulled the trigger for $800 so let the fun begin. i have been looking all over for this the past couple year with nothing to show for it. i had a guy find me one and then got it for himself. its near new condition with some handling marks. should be fun to shoot. also will post pics as required.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like I should put mine up for sale.  I bought it at the deal of a lifetime when I was a senior in high school (10 years ago)  a guy in my class got it for Christmas from his uncle and wanted to buy an amp for his car stereo system (I never understood that silly shit).  I paid him 150$ for it.  I didn't know they were no longer being made.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#8]
aren't those things basically going for over $1k anymore?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
aren't those things basically going for over $1k anymore?
View Quote

There's auctions with bids on GB over $950 and $1k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top