Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 9:31:04 AM EDT
So a buddy of mine brings his rifle by a few weeks ago and shows me this flat spring that fell out of it one day when he operated the lever. He asks me if I could take a look at it and see where it came from.

So I tear into and determine it is the carrier spring that came out because the head of the screw that holds it in has sheared off. I have him order the parts from midwest gun works. I couldn't believe how many parts they have!

Anyway, my question is about the bluing. This gun was basically trashed. He said it sat under his bed in the plastic case it came in from walmart damn near 20 years ago. I remember when he got it. There is absolutely no blue left inside the gun. Most of the outside is the same except for the barrel.

Is the inside of the rifle actually blue, or are there only a few parts that are? I want to refinish it while it's apart, but not overdo it. I also don't want it to turn into a rust bucket again. I can post pics if necessary.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if this will help but found using Google Images.Some guy doing some kind of conversion but some pics.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool, thank you! Looks like most of the internal parts are all blue. I need to find out if the whole inside of the frame is blue as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I would guess the inside of the frame is blue from when they submerged it in the blue tank.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If that's the case, this thing is a disaster.

There is no blue anywhere, only rust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top