Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 7:15:50 AM EDT
I have a Rossi 92 in .45 Colt. I've worked up some nice stout loads but that steel curved but plate has got to go.

The butt is so small that I question whether there is a grind to fit butt pad small enough to fit. I would mostlikely take an inch or so off the butt so as to keep the length of pull close to factory. So it will be square when I apply the pad.

But I thought I would ask what others have done.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know of one for mounting after-the-fact like that. You might see how much a buttstock costs for the .454 version and replace with that - it comes from the factory with a ventilated pad.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to cut it like you and grind one to fit. In the mean time I found a leather lace up type at Cabellas that worked well. I used a piece of old boot in sole to take up the space where the curve was. Looks decent and helps for the thumpers when hunting. I believe there were three sizes and this one was the small. I just got lazy and didn't want to put too much effort in right before deer season last year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top