BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a mid-late 90's vintage Rossi 92 and it was a stiff bitch until I worked it over. Wouldn't feed .357 for love nor money and would only run jacketed 158's I.38. I tore it down, did a complete action work over with all new springs, polished everything, reprofiled the ejector a little and now the only thing it doesn't seem to like is .38 wadcutters and even those it does feed you just have to be ginger with them. All others so far you can beat the brakes off of it and it'll eat 'em like a fat kid and cake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have a mid-late 90's vintage Rossi 92 and it was a stiff bitch until I worked it over. Wouldn't feed .357 for love nor money and would only run jacketed 158's I.38. I tore it down, did a complete action work over with all new springs, polished everything, reprofiled the ejector a little and now the only thing it doesn't seem to like is .38 wadcutters and even those it does feed you just have to be ginger with them. All others so far you can beat the brakes off of it and it'll eat 'em like a fat kid and cake.
Steve Young of Steve's Guns to me that Rossis made before they got their new CNC machines in the early 2000s were not as well made as the current versions because their machines were worn out and quality was spotty.  All those with almost black wood were made on the older machines.  All 3 of the Rossi 357mags I've had were made in 2009 and work just fine.

I don't see the attraction of the 'Winchester' over the Uberti.  Neither is made in the US, the 'Winchester' is just a '1873 Japchester' while the Uberti is a '1873 Wopchester' so what's the real difference?  Further, while the Japchesters cost the same as the Wopchesters, the examples I've held show the Wopchesters have a better finish than the Japchesters.

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have 2 Rossi Puma's. One in 38/357 and the other 45 Colt.

Neither have any problems running IF you use a smooth cycling action with the lever. If you have a herky-jerky style of operating the lever you'll have jams and hesitations, etc. The 38/357 is most problematic with 38's if you don't use a smooth operation of the lever. I never have any problems with that one shooting 38's but when my tooth-pick thin G/F runs it she has problems every time.

I think smooth lever operation is the key to getting those pistol caliber guns to run right.
View Quote

I too have a Rossi in 38/357 and 45colt. Agree 100% about following thru when you move your lever.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top