Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2015 12:57:22 PM EDT
I've been looking at lever guns and noticed a 73 coming up on a local in-person auction, but I have no idea how to value it. There are of course 73s on-line for thousands of $ asking price, but I'm not looking for a safe queen. Assuming the rifle I'm looking at isn't "special" but in good/reasonable condition, what's ARF's opinion on a fair price?
Or to put it another way, how much cash would you have in your pocket if you went looking for a 1873 in 44-40 on auction?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:01:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been looking at lever guns and noticed a 73 coming up on a local in-person auction, but I have no idea how to value it. There are of course 73s on-line for thousands of $ asking price, but I'm not looking for a safe queen. Assuming the rifle I'm looking at isn't "special" but in good/reasonable condition, what's ARF's opinion on a fair price?
Or to put it another way, how much cash would you have in your pocket if you went looking for a 1873 in 44-40 on auction?
View Quote

It all depends on condition. Even ones on poor condition can go for over a grand. Also depends on who else is bidding. Without knowing details, I'd say from $1000-$3000, unless it's something really special.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Rick.
As you say it'll depend on who else bids...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top