Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2015 1:46:20 PM EDT
Found one locally with no box or papers in very good shape for $479. Octagon barrel, full lenght magazine tube, the Nickle plating is in very good shape.

Anyone own one? How do they shoot? Good rifle for the money?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Found one locally with no box or papers in very good shape for $479. Octagon barrel, full lenght magazine tube, the Nickle plating is in very good shape.

Anyone own one? How do they shoot? Good rifle for the money?
View Quote

Winchester has more commemorative edition rifles than you can shake a stick at and very few of them have any extra value.  That said, for an actual made in America Winchester before the ridiculous safety, in VGC, $479 is a good deal.  I'd buy it plus I'm a fan of the octagonal barrels.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Winchester has more commemorative edition rifles than you can shake a stick at and very few of them have any extra value.  That said, for an actual made in America Winchester before the ridiculous safety, in VGC, $479 is a good deal.  I'd buy it plus I'm a fan of the octagonal barrels.
View Quote

While I am not a big fan of commemorates, for $479 I could grow to like one. Snag it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the rifle, my son has the carbine. The rifle has a 26 inch barrel, the carbine has a 20 inch barrel. Other that a shorter magazine tube on the carbine, that's the only difference. Both were bought used, and had been used in the field. Many commemoratives have not, even so a lot of the ones that were put away unfired have finish issues.

They shoot well, hard to say if they shoot any better than a standard Winchester 94, but at least they don't have that stupid safety, and the octagon barrel is a plus. My son killed his first deer, plus a few more and a few hogs with his. I haven't hunted with mine.

My son was born in '87, I bought his rifle while he was still an infant. It was $125. I bought mine in the last 4-5 years, for $450. I would think $479 is a fair price for a decent example.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you mean this one?  Don't I wish!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top