Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2015 8:52:18 AM EDT
Been thinking of a 44mag levergun, and the Miroku made guns seem like like a better gun than the current Henrys and Marlins.
The Winchester is not easy to find, though.
So, what is your opinion on the gun?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one and love it. Bought it recently and have only been out with it once. Lots of fun. Well made rifle.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an old one, from the first of them made in the early 70's and it's a fantastic rifle.  Personally I won't pay a dime for a Japanese made Winchester, it's an abomination in my opinion.  I also have a Henry, although in .45 Colt, and I'll say this...they are amazing guns.  Better wood, far smoother actions, excellent accuracy and heirloom quality looks and quality.  I'd take an American made Henry .44 magnum over a Japanese Winchester every time.  Not to mention the new Winchesters are cursed with that hideous safety on it, another abomination.  I'd say find a real Winchester or buy a Henry.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 90's era 44mag trapper. It started out as garbage. The channel that the ejector rides in was rough/malformed  as was the ejector itself ( I started a thread about my gun on this forum about a month ago).  Failures to eject on every other round fired. An hour later with a Dremel (yes a Dremel, it was so bad a file wasn't enough) and she works great. Fired close to 80 rounds through her without any issues last weekend. And my personal lever gun test is will it load upside down?  About 95% success to that end.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a B92 browning miorku in 44from the mid 80's that I used for years  shooting CAS with 44spec. I love it reliable and accurate.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked one up last year, put a marbles tang sight on it, and it's been quite accurate. Killed a doe with it at about 100yards with energy to spare.

Great shooting, great looking gun. Not wild about the crescent but plate but that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
wow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top