Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2015 12:35:14 AM EDT
I am going to be putting a 2-7x scope on my Marlin 336 30-30 and would appreciate if you fellows could recommend me a good scope mount for it.  

What do you guys run for your scoped out lever actions?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
DNZ Game Reaper or XS Scout Mount
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I second the DNZ ,I have them on two of my Marlins.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
3 of my Marlins are scoped. First 2 had so-so mounts when I got them and those are barely ok. Last one was bare so I got a DNZ....the best
in my view! Make sure you measure and get the correct height mount as they make 2. Use the shortest you can so you raising your cheek
too far up the stock.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok I am going to get the DNZ but should I get the medium or high mount?

What do you guys have / recommend?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
will be mounting a Nikon 2-7x 32mm scope on it, if that matters.  

I am leaning towards medium height but want to make sure it clears.  Am buying it all online so I cant really "test" anything out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
went with the high mount.  according to their website the medium is 1.06" center and the high is 1.19" center - so not much of a difference at all.... better safe than sorry.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I used kwik sights over unders, then upgraded to a Redfield one piece. this was about 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]
installed the mount and my scope yesterday and love it. Im actually glad I went with the high DNZ as it is perfect for when I am resting my cheek and looking through the scope.

going to sight it in today.  just a simple Nikon Prostate 2-7x

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

installed the mount and my scope yesterday and love it. Im actually glad I went with the high DNZ as it is perfect for when I am resting my cheek and looking through the scope.

going to sight it in today.  just a simple Nikon Prostate 2-7x

View Quote

Nice and easy to install and strong as a mofo. I like mine ! Let us know how it went !!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
really like the scope and really like the gun, but its no tac driver...

granted, it was 100 degrees outside and I was sweating profusely, so not the most ideal shooting conditions.  but I couldn't get it to group very well at all.  Im not expecting the 30-30 to be  a tack driver by any means but after "sighting it in" I was throwing out 9" groups at 100 yards.

i'd venture to say it should be able to shoot more accurately than that?  I'm not blaming the gun or scope, its 100% user error.  will take it back to the range next weekend when I will be more patient and hopefully not as hot.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#11]
What ammo? Maybe try a different brand.Do you reload? Also at 100 yards most guys will shoot like that with a lever gun.They sometimes are not the most accurate.
That's why you hear about minute of deer and not MOA for some rifles.

Now don't get me wrong some guys can shoot very very well and can wring MOA accuracy out of a potato gun,but I'm not one of them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#12]
used some cheap monarch 150r to get it on paper at 25, 50 and 100 then switched to Hornady American Whitetail which is what I plan on hunting with for the last grouping.

I shot about 30 times so the barrel was very hot, I suppose that should be taken into consideration as well.  I'll see what is going on next weekend.  Im not really an expert i sighting in rifles, might get the gunsmith to sight it in for me / shoot it a few times to see what is going on if I cant get the groups a little tighter.

Still very happy with the gun, Ive always loved lever actions.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#13]
What size groups were you obtaining?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#14]
around 9"
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#15]
my deer rifle is the Marlin 336Y Pronghorn.
I'm using Weaver low rings and Weaver base with a Redfiled 2x7. I tried quite a few different manufactures and bullet weights. Winchester 150,170 HP and SP, Remington 150 and 170, Hornady Leverevolution,Privi.... and i ended up sticking with the 170gr. Core-Lokt. my first 3 rounds with those were a cloverleaf @100 yards. they kill good too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top