Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 11:50:17 AM EDT
Just got my Henry Big Boy 45 LC today.  The choice of walnut can be hit or miss as far as figuring.  Better than I expected!  and all for 706$ at Buds.  
This type of craftsman ship should cost way more!  

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one in 44 mag and love it.  I'll be adding another one in 357 mag.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
it's almost to pretty to shoot... almost
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
omg.. what a stock.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice very nice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the the club of beautiful lever actions.  Here is my lucky induction piece - a 1967 Winchester 94 Classic Rifle:
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
wow nice wood ..
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the the club of beautiful lever actions.  Here is my lucky induction piece - a 1967 Winchester 94 Classic Rifle:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/Arkoutha/Winchester/P1000748.gif
View Quote

is that color case hardened?  
A pre 64 Winchester is next on my list.  What is it about levers that you can't have just one?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice gun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn. Reminds me of my Uberti 73.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn. Reminds me of my Uberti 73.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2vaze44.jpg
View Quote

Beautiful.  Love the color case hardened finish.  The stock almost looks like tiger maple.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep it is case hardened.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#12]
That really looks great!  Henry, especially, seems to let some really fancy wood through on a few of their rifles, with no extra cost to purchasers.
This is why I like to see the lever guns, before purchasing.  Of course, that can't always be done, and looking at selling prices on the internet, it seems quite a few other people are also looking for nicely stocked examples, usually running up the prices.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:04:21 AM EDT
[#13]
That is an absolutely beautiful rifle! It's a pretty amazing rifle that far more folks should be buying.  I can't think of any other brand that sells rifles anywhere close to that kind of quality and beauty for even close to the price of the Henry and 100% American made to boot.  For those of you who haven't handled a Henry, the full size is a bit heavier than your standard modern lever gun but that heavy octagonal barrel tames recoil and is unbelievably accurate.  Everything on the rifle is very high quality and action is so smooth you'll wonder what the hell everyone else has been doing all these years.  I have two Big Boy's in .45 Colt, one for me and one for my sister.  I love to get one of the new carbine length Henry's to replace my first generation Winchester 94.  The Winnie is a great rifle but it's not nearly as smooth as the Henry and since the Winnie has so much sentimental value, I'd like to keep her a safe queen.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is an absolutely beautiful rifle! It's a pretty amazing rifle that far more folks should be buying.  I can't think of any other brand that sells rifles anywhere close to that kind of quality and beauty for even close to the price of the Henry and 100% American made to boot.  For those of you who haven't handled a Henry, the full size is a bit heavier than your standard modern lever gun but that heavy octagonal barrel tames recoil and is unbelievably accurate.  Everything on the rifle is very high quality and action is so smooth you'll wonder what the hell everyone else has been doing all these years.  I have two Big Boy's in .45 Colt, one for me and one for my sister.  I love to get one of the new carbine length Henry's to replace my first generation Winchester 94.  The Winnie is a great rifle but it's not nearly as smooth as the Henry and since the Winnie has so much sentimental value, I'd like to keep her a safe queen.  

View Quote

100% agree
Some people just can't get past the loading tube.  I find it quicker and easier to load with the tube and it's a hell of a lot easier on my thumb.
Also some people can't get past the  "It's not a real Henry. They stole the name." to that I say
$706 for this gun is a steal and I guess if more people figured that out they'd raise the price.  so.....  Win Win for me!

ETA:  Thought the weight would be an issue.  Nope.  Not at all.  Shot about 100 rounds through it and it wasn't even a concern.  It does help with the recoil so that's a plus.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

100% agree
Some people just can't get past the loading tube.  I find it quicker and easier to load with the tube and it's a hell of a lot easier on my thumb.
Also some people can't get past the  "It's not a real Henry. They stole the name." to that I say
$706 for this gun is a steal and I guess if more people figured that out they'd raise the price.  so.....  Win Win for me!

ETA:  Thought the weight would be an issue.  Nope.  Not at all.  Shot about 100 rounds through it and it wasn't even a concern.  It does help with the recoil so that's a plus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% agree

my thoughts exactly on all counts
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

100% agree

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% agree

I wasn't too sure about the tube loading when I got mine, I grew up using a Winchester 94 .44 magnum, but after using it I definitely prefer the tube.  No more having to pinch my thumb loading and no more having to crank the lever over and over to unload and then gather the rounds that flew all over.  If I were going to fight a battle I would prefer the side load but outside that, the tube load is far easier and far more practical.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I always found their rimfire type loading to be weird, I guess I am just too used to Winchester and Marlin rifles
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I always found their rimfire type loading to be weird, I guess I am just too used to Winchester and Marlin rifles
View Quote

I grew up on Winchesters also and the Henry type is definitely strange among lever guns and at face value most people are going to assume they don't like it until actually using it for awhile.  After several loadings and, especially, unloadings, it became very obvious it's a better system in this day and time (ironically).  Unless you are going into battle with it where loading in the middle of a firefight is necessary, the tube is far easier to load and unload.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I like your wood OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top