Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2015 10:33:17 PM EDT
Just traded my XD40 service model pistol for a brand new Marlin 1895 .45-70.  I have been looking at them for awhile and a buddy won one at a banquet.  He wanted my pistol and I wanted the rifle so we are both happy.  Now I will buy the pistol I want (XDM .45 w/ night sights) and have a lever action big bore rifle to further my collection!  I have read mostly good but some poor reviews on this gun.  It appears to be of solid build quality.  The wood is a bit cheapish looking but the action smoothed right out after some oil and working the lever.  Anybody do any mods to theirs?  The sights seem a bit small but I may just be used to optics or AR style sights.  

How did I do on the trade?  

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Great trade.     Here's your first upgrade:

Marlin Rail & Sights

Have fun!

Ps:  Pictures man, we demand pictures.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, you did well. Mine is an 1895G, very accurate rifle. I also have an XD40 service model that I have no intention on trading but I would trade it for a GBL!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my Guides Gun wear a Nikon 1.5-6x32mm scope while the second one wears a Aimpoint using XS Lever Rail.
If you want a good deal on the XS Lever rail with the ghost rear sight contact me by PM as I have a second one that I never used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top