Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 7:04:00 PM EDT
I have a Rossi lever action.  Love the rifle, love the idea of the buckhorn sights, can't see crap when trying to focus on said sights.  It's not the sights, it's my eyes.

So, I'm putting an Aimpoint H-1 w/ a Larue LT661 mount on my rifle....at least that's the goal.

I found two sources for a rail for the Rossi.  One is the Rossi P801 WEAVER rail....$15 give or take.  Per Rossi, at this time out of stock and not available for 8-10 weeks.  I like this solution best.  Know the LT661 mount is for a picatinny rail but believe it will work on a weaver rail (based on a comparison I found on the Brownell's web site)

Found Pearson's No Drill Tactical Rail online.  In stock, $60 give or take (quick math...3x as much as the Rossi rail).  Read the guys website, watched his videos, and...BASED ON THE INFORMATION HE PROVIDES, HE SAYS IT'S A PICATINNY RAIL.  Order the rail, it shows up and it's completely milled out through the middle for the majority of the rail.

Just a heads up because I found zero actual reviews of this rail in my searches before buying.  So...I might call it some type of modified picatinny rail but that's about it.  All the edges are also VERY sharp.  Like it came right off the mill, shot with some type of coating, and out it went.  For the price, I expected more...MUCH MORE.  It's looks long on the gun and especially if running a small red dot.  Going to keep it because who knows what I'll do with this rifle in the future (and there's only two choices) but for now going to wait on the Rossi rail (and change the mounting base of the H-1 if need be).

Wanted to post a pic but don't really post much (2nd one here I think) and don't need another account somewhere just to post pics.  Not a dig on this site...I love it, just my choice.

Be well.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, it wasn't that bad....and a pic would have helped me before I dropped the $60......

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI ... The Rossi rail requires a drilled and tapped barrel.  Not all Rossi's have the holes to use the Rossi rail.

D&Ting is not difficult, but I do not feel comfortable doing it to a sporter weight barrel.

I have not had any problems with the Pearson rail.  However, it is not the most elegant design.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI ... The Rossi rail requires a drilled and tapped barrel.  Not all Rossi's have the holes to use the Rossi rail.

D&Ting is not difficult, but I do not feel comfortable doing it to a sporter weight barrel.

I have not had any problems with the Pearson rail.  However, it is not the most elegant design.
View Quote

I just ordered mine for my ranch hand SBR build Do you think there is enough material left on the Pearson to mill out a channel big enough for a tang mounted peep? (I'd remove the Pearson's rear sight and open up the groove)

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just ordered mine for my ranch hand SBR build Do you think there is enough material left on the Pearson to mill out a channel big enough for a tang mounted peep? (I'd remove the Pearson's rear sight and open up the groove)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry.  I'm not how muck material is required to mount a tang sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top