Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2015 12:30:42 AM EDT
A few weeks ago I posted about my new Big Boy and its issue feeding any type of ammo. I sent it back to Henry and they did an amazing job with my rifle. They even installed a larger loop lever at no charge. I was finally able to hit the range yesterday and get a little bit a trigger time with this gem of a gun. Function was 100% with 3 diffeyrent brands of 38Spl. I had 2 bobbles with 357 mag that I chalked up to a new gun and not cycling the lever fast enough. Accuracy was outstanding with both the .38 & .357.

After my initial sight in, I was shooting the center of the target with ease from 25 yards. I'll take it out to 50 yds next time.  Shooting the .38 was like shooting a .22. The .357 had a little more pop, but still felt fine in this heavy gun. Right now I only reload .45 ACP on a Dillon SDB, but will be ordering another SDB in .38 just for this gun. ILOVE IT.

Ammo:

Winchester Train & Defend 130gr   (zero failures)
Federal American Eagle 130gr  (zero failures)
Federal 148gr HP (zero failures)
Monarch 158gr .357 mag. (2 failures to chamber, (my fault ) fired without issue when chambered)

Circled shots are initial sight it. All shots at 25yds. 3 different brands of 38 Spl. All hit to the same POA.

5 rds Monarch 158gr .357. Those are 1" squares.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you've got the rifle settling in.  Why would you buy another press just to change calibers?  The caliber kits are about $100 and take about 20 minutes to change vs a new $400 press.  $300 buys a lot of loading components still.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like you've got the rifle settling in.  Why would you buy another press just to change calibers?  The caliber kits are about $100 and take about 20 minutes to change vs a new $400 press.  $300 buys a lot of loading components still.

Rob
View Quote

I like the simplicity of just being able to sit down and start reloading without having to adjust anything. If I were fully retired and had nothing but time on my hands, I would have no issues changing tool heads around. Right now I have room for a second press at my bench and this gun gives me a good reason to fill that space.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top